On the web:
- Bluetooth-enabled mobile services threaten NFC with take-off - Mobile Marketer - "One of the benefits of Bluetooth compared to NFC is that most handsets are Bluetooth-enabled while the same it not true for NFC."
- 5 Myths about Mobile Payments - Digital River Blog (Souheil Badran) - "The question now is not whether merchants should stake their mobile claim but how should they get started."
- iOS 7 adoption rate: 29% of Apple's customers in first 16 hours - Apple 2.0 - "According to Tim Cook, Apple will sell its 700th million iOS device by next month."
- The dawn of something present - Consult Hyperion - "You don't have to take cards to be professional, but you do have to take something and now is the dawn of the Something Present (SP) transaction era."
On the wires:
- JPMorgan Chase reaches settlements with SEC, FCA, OCC and Federal Reserve on CIO trading matter - "Total penalties in the amount of approximately $920 million will be paid to resolve these investigations."
- Retailers Go Omni-commerce with Heartland Payment Systems® and Bigcommerce Partnership - "The industry’s most comprehensive integrated e-commerce platform, Heartland’s Online Storefront enables merchants to launch their online stores in less than one hour or upgrade their existing e-commerce sites with advanced shopping cart functionality..."
- Acculynk’s PaySecure® Boosts Global Reach for US e-Commerce Merchants - "Acculynk’s PaySecure International is an industry-changing gateway that reduces IT effort required by merchants to accept non-US cards and at the same time offers the most comprehensive access to global debit cards available."
- Zuora Accelerates Shift to Relationship Commerce With Latest Release of Z-Business - "Unlike in a product economy - where the success and growth of a business depended upon producing and shipping more SKUs - in the Subscription Economy, the success and growth of a business depends upon building and nurturing valuable customer relationships through offering access to services."
- Infobip Launches ¥Coins, Virtual Currency for the Japanese Content Market - "With ¥Coins, Infobip becomes the first international payments provider to offer this type of service to companies without presence in Japan, making it a unique offering in the global mobile payments and content monetisation segment."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Allen Weinberg and Erin McCune will be at Money2020 in Las Vegas October 6-10 - please reach out to them directly to catch up in person or set up a briefing at the conference. Erin will be moderating an Invoicing, Billing & Collections panel with Bill.com CEO Rene Lacerte, Billtrust CEO Flint Lane and Billhighway Chairman Vince Thomas.
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer".
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews