On the web:
- Argentina’s new pseudo-currency looks like a money launderer’s paradise - Quartz - "Argentina has a history of inventing strange financial instruments to boost its problematic currency."
- Why mobile payments will never take off - Reuters (Felix Salmon) - "Actually, mobile payments are harder than paying with plastic, at least in my experience..."
- Is the pause in NFC hurting adoption? - Mobile Commerce Daily - "I don’t think you can stick an NFC-enabled label on something and expect people to know how to interact with it yet."
- Coming Soon - Zopa Business Loans (UK) - Zopa Blog - "When surveyed over 80% of Zopa savers wanted to lend money to help small businesses as well as individuals looking for a personal loan."
- Stanford University startups course: Build a bitcoin crowdfunding site - CoinDesk - "According to the course guide, the main reason for using bitcoin is due to its world-wide public readability – in other words, the block chain. This allows the tutors to trace which project is getting the most attention."
On the wires:
- EPC Publishes New Mobile Wallet Payments White Paper and Invites Comments by 30 September 2013 - "The European Payments Council (EPC), working together with all stakeholders active in the mobile payments ecosystem, is willing to contribute to the development of a reliable and secure ecosystem for the initiation and receipt of Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) payments by mobile phone."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -