On the Web:
- 5 Reasons India Will Become the World’s Next E-Commerce Giant - Wall St. Journal - "While most people in India are just starting to get online, a look at the recent history of China’s online evolution suggests India may be entering a take-off phase."
- BBVA: Blockchain Tech Could Replace Centralised Finance System - CoinDesk - "Blockchain technology could be used to bypass today's centralised financial infrastructure entirely, according to a report by BBVA Research US."
On the Wires:
- Rite Aid Stores Nationwide to Begin Accepting Mobile Payments August 15 - “Increasingly, consumers are actively seeking out and incorporating mobile technology into many facets of their life, including their shopping and purchasing decisions,” said Ken Martindale, CEO of Rite Aid stores and president of Rite Aid Corporation. “By accepting mobile payments, we’re able to offer Rite Aid customers an easy and convenient checkout process, which we know is important to them.
- Nymi, TD and MasterCard Announce World's First Biometrically Authenticated Wearable Payment Using Your Heartbeat - "The Nymi Band is a secure and continuous wearable authenticator that identifies a user based on their unique heartbeat (or electrocardiogram) through proprietary Nymi technology called HeartID™. Nymi has developed an NFC-enabled prototype of the Nymi Band for these pilots, which is linked to a user's MasterCard."
- Canadian Payments Association Launches Initiatives to Support Modernization of Canada's Payments System - "The Canadian Payments Association (CPA) announced today two key initiatives to support its multi-year project to modernize Canada's core payments infrastructure. The CPA has begun a process to create a shared industry vision for the future of payments, and at the same time, is launching a public consultation on the introduction of a new global payments messaging standard."
- Envestnet to Acquire Yodlee - "Yodlee is the preeminent name for data in financial services today. The core of every financial transaction and every financial decision is data. The Yodlee platform brings together client permissioned financial data and analytics in unique ways to power personalized and dynamic financial apps and generate business insights," said Bill Crager, President of Envestnet.
- Global Card Fraud Losses Reach $16.31 Billion — Will Exceed $35 Billion in 2020 According to The Nilson Report - “Multiple factors contributed to that gap,” said David Robertson, Publisher of The Nilson Report. “Nothing mattered more than the lack of an EMV-compliant infrastructure.”
- Moneris Launches PAYD Product Family Empowering Businesses to Accept Payments Anywhere in the U.S. - “Moneris is pleased to be one of the first to bring an EMV-enabled mPOS solution to the U.S. market,” said Chris Lee, President of North American Strategic Partnerships, Moneris. “PAYD Pro offers the latest security features and payment technology, while providing the convenience of quick and efficient mobile transactions."
- Mobile Payments Start Up PaidEasy Closes $2,000,000 Seed Round of Funding - "With seamless integration into each individual merchants Point of Sale system, PaidEasy gives its users the ability to open, view, split, tip and pay their bills in real-time. PaidEasy will be available at both restaurants and bars to start with plans for other verticals in the hospitality industry for the immediate future."
- Apple Pay™ Now Available to Bellco Members - “Our commitment to our members is to offer them the best, most convenient banking experience possible, and adding Apple Pay is just one more way we are working to live up to that commitment,” said Doug Ferraro, CEO of Bellco Credit Union. “Not only is Apple Pay simple and convenient, but it also adds a layer of privacy and security to making digital or in-store payments.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!