ON THE WEB
- Wells Fargo Hopes New Pact Will Break Logjam With Finance Sites - Wall St. Journal - "As part of the bank’s new strategy, Wells Fargo small-business customers will no longer need to share their bank passwords when logging into Xero’s website."
- Chips in new credit cards create problems at checkout - Boston Globe - "Rather than a quick side swipe of the card, customers need to insert their credit or debit card into a slot and wait for the jarringly loud foghorn tone that signals approval for some transactions."
ON THE WIRES
- Visa Introduces Digital Commerce App to Grow Mobile Capabilities of U.S. Financial Institutions - “The Visa Digital Commerce App brings together a comprehensive set of services to empower financial institution clients of all sizes to quickly offer their own digital payment experience to cardholders, while keeping their brand and relationship with the cardholder front and center,” said Oliver Jenkyn, group executive, North America, Visa Inc.
- Western Union Pioneers Digital Money Transfer to Cuba - “We expedited activation of our digital money transfer convenience for senders in the Cuban diaspora as we know first-hand the value of remittances to the economic security of families and funding of small businesses. Expanding accessibility and moving money in minutes is what underpins our entire omni-channel strategy.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!