On the Web:
- How Apple Will Make the Wearable Market - Stratechery (Ben Thompson) - "It’s increasingly plausible to envision a future where all of these examples and a whole host of others in our physical environment are fundamentally transformed by software: locks that only unlock for me, payment systems that keep my money under my control..."
- Square Acquires Kili Technology - Square Blog - "That’s why we’ve acquired Kili Technology, a company that has developed silicon, electronics, and software that simplify and optimize payment processing. They have an experienced technology team who, like our sellers, are relentless innovators and never satisfied. Together we’ll continue to lead the way in delivering simple and affordable hardware that gives our sellers a smarter and safer way to do business."
- Why March 10 was a big day for bitcoin - Fortune - "Three bitcoin startups announce funding and big-name backers, on the same day that the price hits a new benchmark."
- NACHA’s Payments Innovation Alliance Releases White Paper: “Leveraging the Mobile Channel for ACH Payment Innovation” - NACHA - “The mobile future is here,” said George Throckmorton, managing director, Advanced Payments Solutions at NACHA. “The use of mobile devices with ACH transactions is ripe for rapid adoption and further innovation given that it is a ubiquitous, low cost means of accessing payments.”
On the Wires:
- New CFSI Report Examines Four Trends in Big Data That Can Improve Consumer Financial Lives - “Employed responsibly, Big Data has the ability to enhance provider capabilities, lead to better products and services, and ultimately increase consumer financial health,” said Jennifer Tescher, President and CEO of CFSI.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews