On the web:
- Banks Urged to Better Fend Off Cyber Attacks - Wall St. Journal - "U.S. regulators are stepping up calls for banks to better-arm themselves against the growing online threat hackers and criminal organizations pose to individual institutions and the financial system as a whole."
- Visa Sues Wal-Mart to End Retailer’s Swipe Fee Claims - Bloomberg BusinessWeek - “Put simply, Visa seeks finality in its dispute with Wal-Mart,” the Foster City, California-based credit card firm said in the complaint.
- Visa To Court: Tell Walmart We're Not Anti-Competitive - FierceRetail - "…Visa asked the court to declare that Visa's default interchange rates, "honor all card" rules and 2008 IPO do not violate either federal or state antitrust laws."
- Number of opt-outs in $7.2 bln credit card settlement made public - Thomson Reuters - "Nearly 8,000 merchants out of a proposed class of 8 million have opted out of a $7.2 billion class action settlement involving an alleged conspiracy to inflate credit card fees."
- U.S. Regulator: Virtual Currencies Have 'Nothing to Fear' - Wall St. Journal - "Those offering virtual currencies must comply with these regulatory requirements, and if they do so, they have nothing to fear from Treasury…"
- Bitcoin in business: Buyer’s Best Friend - CoinDesk -
- New prepaid credit card funded by bitcoins - CoinDesk - "We programmed our POS (point of sale) to accept bitcoins and also accept credit/debit (most popular), cash or check (almost nobody). Bitcoin is our favorite payment method – cash is a pain to count and handle, and credit cards charge large processing fees."
- 2013 Innovators to Watch: 44 Executives Shaping The Future of Banking - Bank Innovation - "We believe that innovation in the financial services industry is driven not by the top dogs or the most senior executives, but by people who have dynamism, who look at banking innovation as anything but an oxymoron…"
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -