On the Web:
- Inside the Fight Over Bitcoin’s Future - New Yorker - "A terrific rumpus broke out in the world of Bitcoin last week, when veteran developers Gavin Andresen and Mike Hearn published Bitcoin XT, a competing version of Bitcoin Core, the open-source program that generates new bitcoins, verifies all transactions, and records them on the massive distributed ledger known as the blockchain."
- The FTC Has the Authority to Enforce Data Security: FTC v. Wyndham Worldwide Corp. - TeachPrivacy - "This is a very important case. The FTC achieved a huge win in this case, preserving its power to regulate data security (and privacy by implication). The FTC strengthened its power, as its victory in this case was a strong one, making clear that the FTC has broad authority to enforce to protect data security. "
On the Wires:
- Apriva and Global Payments Sign Agreement to Provide Secure, EMV Mobile POS Solutions to U.S. Merchants - “Mobile payments are increasingly crucial in today’s market. Merchants that haven’t embraced a mobile solution risk missing out on users who expect to be able to pay with their mobile device as well as via traditional methods,” said Frank T. Young, SVP, Global Product and Innovation at Global Payments. “AprivaPay Plus complements our existing suite of mobile solutions by giving our merchants the tools needed to offer a cutting-edge mobile solution, designed to provide the transaction security EMV affords.”
- INSIDE Secure’s Award-Winning HCE Payment Solution Achieves Visa Ready Approval - “INSIDE Secure is extremely pleased to receive functional Visa Ready approval for MatrixHCE, one of the first mobile payment solutions for financial institutions,” said Martin Bergenwall, EVP of INSIDE Secure’s Mobile Security Division. “MatrixHCE not only meets the latest HCE standard, but it also incorporates potential future requirements including updatable whitebox cryptography to protect tokens, code and data.”
- Nok Nok Labs Announces Second Closing of $16.25M Series C Financing to Fuel Global Expansion - "New strategic investors were added to the oversubscribed round, including DaouKiwoom Group from South Korea; DOCOMO Capital from Japan; and Thundersoft from China. The round also includes current investors DCM Ventures, Lenovo Group, ONSET Ventures and Raven Ventures and related affiliates."
- Study Reveals Old-Fashioned Payments Processes Impact the Cost of Doing Business - "Through a survey of US and UK finance professionals, Currency Cloud found the US has a lot to learn from its UK counterparts when it comes to international payments, with nearly half (47 percent) of US businesses still relying on old-fashioned paper checks. In contrast, the majority of UK businesses (70 percent) make international payments electronically."
- TSYS Executives Discuss Women’s Impact in Payments Industry - "TSYS today announced that Sarah Hartman, senior director of Consumer Payment Solutions, and Christina Hall, director of business development for Commercial Services, will speak at today’s annual Women in Payments® Symposium in Atlanta."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!