On the Web:
- Report: Apple moving toward mobile payments this fall - USA Today - "The new service would allow users to pay for physical goods on the web, in apps and in retail stores, turning the iPhone into a credit card."
- Apple may kick-start the entire industry by rolling out a major mobile payments initiative - TechRepublic - "Apple is looking to integrate mobile payment technology into iOS, including a deal with Visa, which would allow iPhone users to pay for physical goods with just their smartphone."
On the Wires:
- Visa Inc. Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2014 Net Income of $1.4 Billion or $2.17 Per Diluted Share - “We are pleased to report 15% earnings per share growth in the face of a continued, subdued global economy,” said Charlie Scharf, Chief Executive Officer of Visa Inc.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money2020 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews