On the Web
- The Future of Personal Payments - Medium (Jeremy Allaire) - "Long considered a product and market backwater, given countless product efforts in the West that have largely failed to live up to the hype or potential, p2p payments is now emerging as potentially one of the most valuable pieces of consumer Internet real estate."
- Why Apple Wants to Get Into the Unprofitable World of Payments Between Friends - Bloomberg - "Apple isn’t likely to find a way to profit directly from the feature. Instead, the company will probably use it to increase adoption of Apple Pay in stores."
- Touch ID Is The Gift That Keeps On Giving - ReadWrite - "While some think Apple Pay requires you to open the Apple Wallet (formerly Passbook), find the card, hold it in front of the register, and then authenticate using Touch ID, you don't. All you actually have to do is hold the phone near the register with your finger on the Touch ID "home" button. That's it."
- JCPenney testing store card support for Apple Pay, full rollout due in spring 2016 - MacRumors - "Thus far, Kohl's is the only major retailer that currently allows its store cards to be added to Apple Pay, but both Kohl's and JCPenney have been touted as the two major partners for the feature."
On the Wires
- CO-OP Financial Services to Offer Visa Checkout for Easy, Secure Online Shopping - "“Visa Checkout is a simpler, more secure way for credit union members to pay online almost anywhere in the world,” said Stan Hollen, President/CEO of CO-OP. “Visa Checkout is another advanced digital product that underscores CO-OP’s commitment to helping our credit union clients keep their branded credit cards top of wallet, regardless of what payment services the member may choose.”
- CO-OP Financial Services Offers MasterPass by MasterCard - “CO-OP is committed to partnering with credit unions to help them deploy a digital e-commerce solution that fits the needs of their members,” said Stan Hollen, President/CEO of CO-OP. “MasterPass is an important piece of a comprehensive digital e-commerce strategy, and complements digital wallets such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay and others.”
- BBC Worldwide Selects Vindicia to Manage Payments for BBC Store - Gene Hoffman, chief executive officer and chairman at Vindicia, said: “Vindicia’s CashBox solution enables audiences to buy BBC content quickly and easily using cash available in their e-wallet, or via other means, such as PayPal or store-bought gift cards.”
- American Express Serve® Expands Largest Free Cash Reload Network1 in U.S. - “We are thrilled to add Dollar General and Rite Aid to our Free Cash Reload network, giving Account holders even more places to add cash at convenient locations in their communities,” said Stefan Happ, Chief Commercial Officer, Enterprise Growth, American Express.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!