On the Web:
- Say Goodbye to IOUs and Hello to Getting Paid Back: Grab Your PayPal.Me Name Before It’s Gone - PayPal Stories Blog - "PayPal.Me makes requesting money from groups of friends, family and colleagues suddenly so much easier and faster. Rather than following up individually, you can email your PayPal.Me link to co-workers to chip in for an engagement present for another co-worker. Or stop asking each of your fellow bridesmaids for bachelorette party payments and just send a group text message with your PayPal.Me link."
- European Payments Power Klarna Launches in the U.S. With Overstock.com as a Customer - Re/code - "The Sweden-based payments company, which gives online shoppers nearly a month to pay off their web purchases, is launching in the U.S. with e-commerce site Overstock.com as its first big merchant customer."
- Blythe Masters Tells Banks the Blockchain Changes Everything - Bloomberg Markets - "Masters is the CEO of Digital Asset Holdings, a New York tech startup. She says her firm is designing software that will enable banks, investors, and other market players to use blockchain technology to change the way they trade loans, bonds, and other assets."
- Top PayPal Executive Hill Ferguson Out in Management Shake-Up - Re/code - "PayPal is adjusting its course on a major restructuring it made earlier this year, and its product and engineering boss for its consumer business is leaving as a result."
On the Wires:
- Verifone and Aava Mobile Partner to Offer First Intel-Powered, “Pocketable” mPOS Solution - “Aava Mobile’s Inari5 tablet provides a level of durability, memory and processing speed greater than consumer-first mobile devices,” said Michelle Tinsley, Director of Mobility and Secure Payment for Intel’s Retail Solutions Division. “As the first Intel-based mobile handheld payment solution, integrating Aava’s tablet with Verifone’s remarkably flexible terminal yields a powerful enterprise-grade solution in terms of payment acceptance, advanced architecture support, and legacy system compatibility to enable retailers to get the most out of their mPOS investment.”
- PayPal Study Reveals Adults Globally Owed More Than $51 Billion by Friends and Family - “As we see money going digital and mobile, people need more flexible ways to manage their money. It’s simple – we all want no-fuss ways to pay and get paid back, and avoid awkward IOU conversations,” said Matt Gromada, Director of Consumer Product Marketing at PayPal. “PayPal pioneered sending money digitally 16 years ago, and we are continuing to lead the way with our P2P offerings.”
- TSYS Signs Payments Agreement with Metro Bank - “Metro Bank has a unique, customer-focused business that looks to reinvent the rules of banking,” said Gaylon Jowers, president of TSYS’ International Services segment. “At TSYS, we are constantly looking to change payments for the future, and working with forward-thinking banks like Metro Bank allows us to remain at the forefront of the U.K. payments market.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!