ON THE WEB
- Expanding the Smart Card’s Role - PaymentsViews.com (George Peabody) - "In this Payments on Fire podcast, Randy Vanderhoof, Executive Director of the SCA and the EMV Migration Forum, talks about the organization’s training programs, their evolution and the establishment of the new National Center for Advanced Payments and Identity Security ..."
- USAA: Members Gave ‘Clear Yes’ to Coinbase Bitcoin Trial - "Speaking to CoinDesk, USAA project lead Darrius Jones indicated that users gave a ‘clear yes’ to the trial, a sign that prompted the company to move quickly in making the service available more widely to its members – many of whom, USAA has said, are bitcoin users."
ON THE WIRES
- TSYS Releases 2016 U.K. Consumer Payments Study - "In addition to providing insight into the growth of emerging payments, the study also tracks developments in behaviour and information around consumer preferences for payment and communication methods."
- Green Dot and Uber Announce "Uber Checking by GoBank®" - "Uber Checking by GoBank provides Uber driver-partners with a special kind of business checking account that reflects their entrepreneurial spirit and their fast, on-the-go, technology fueled lifestyle."
- American Express Introduces Special Offer for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card - "American Express today announced a new special offer for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card featuring an extra cash back incentive for new Card Members who make purchases at U.S. Wireless Telephone Service Providers with the Card."
- New and Updated NFC Forum Technical Specifications Speed and Secure NFC Services - "These specifications bring new levels of performance and security to NFC communications," said Koichi Tagawa, chairman of the NFC Forum. "The specifications also help to ensure a great user experience across the broadest range of use cases. We thank our Technical Committee and Working Groups for their outstanding work."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!