On the Web:
- Wences Casares: The Bitcoin-Obsessed Serial Entrepreneur - CoinDesk - "I truly believe that it may change the world more than the Internet did. I truly believe that [because of the] 4 billion people who live on cash today. It is the biggest step forward in the democratisation of money we've ever seen."
- Apple's most important service is about to get so much better - Business Insider - "It's no coincidence Jennifer Bailey was chosen to be the first woman to appear on stage at an Apple keynote. As the VP of Apple Pay, she's in charge of Apple's most important service, which aims to revolutionize how we pay for goods."
On the Wires:
- Bank of America Merchant Services Provides American Express® OptBlue® Program to Small Businesses - “Bank of America Merchant Services is committed to making business simpler and easier on Main Street,” said Tim Tynan, chief executive officer of Bank of America Merchant Services. “OptBlue will allow our small business clients to accept and manage American Express transactions in a simpler and easier way, so they can spend more time focused on their own business.”
- U.S. Bank Renews Multiple Payment Solutions, Will Work with Fiserv to Deliver Integrated, Real-Time Payment Experience to Consumers - “The Fiserv digital payment suite enables convenient and secure money movement for our customers through the online, mobile and tablet channels,” said Niti Badarinath, SVP, head of omnichannel experience, U.S. Bank. “Whether people are paying bills, sending money to others or transferring funds between their own accounts, we want to provide a seamless experience that allows customers to focus on moving their money from point A to point B, without having to think about how that happens."
- Seamless Distribution AB: SEQR Now Live in USA - "We are now all set strategically and have more merchants on the way in. Many businesses are interested in mobile payments, which I also witnessed during my time at Visa, Monitise and PayPal, who are all investing heavily in mobile payments. But everyone has been waiting for a mobile payment solution that can be implemented easily and cost effectively. SEQR is that solution," says Daniel Bessmert, General Manager of SEQR in the U.S.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews