On the Web:
- Wirecard’s Smart Band: A mobile wallet you wear around your wrist - GigaOm - "As with other the universal credit card concepts like LoopPay, Coin and Plastc; Wirecard lets you load a credit or debit card’s credentials into its device and use it to pay for goods in place of a plastic card. But instead of just emulating the digits on your card for a magnetic stripe reader, the Smart Band uses a new secure payments technology backed by Google, MasterCard and Visa called Host Card Emulation (HCE)."
- Are you a Tier 1 or a Tier 2 token requestor? (It matters) - SimplyTapp Blog - "With all the talk about Token Service Providers and token requesting, I felt it was worth describing a bit more about the role of a "Token Requestor"."
- BBA, Payments Council Respond to UK 'Call for Information' on Digital Currencies - CoinDesk - "The BBA, the leading group representing the UK's biggest banks, has issued a response to the government's 'Call for Information' on digital currencies."
- How Was Your Credit Card Stolen? - Krebs on Security - "But it occurred to me recently that I’ve never published a primer on the types of card fraud and the likelihood with each of the cardholder ever learning how their account was compromised. This post is an effort to remedy that."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews