On the Web:
- Using Embedded Microchips to Battle Cyberthieves - Wall St. Journal Opinion (Visa CEO Charlie Scharf) - "Our company applauds Target and the other retailers who have made a public commitment to adopt the EMV chip."
- Bitcoin Seen by Payment Networks as Little Threat to Dominance - Bloomberg - “Bitcoin does have potential and promise, but we are still in its infant stages.”
- Bitcoin is an open network that exhibits resilience and anti-fragility - O'Reilly Programming Blog (Andreas Antonopoulos) - "Trust is based on computation, not access control. On the bitcoin network you trust math so everyone can have access."
- Watch Square’s Just-Launched TV Commercials - Re/code.net (Jason Del Rey) - "The TV campaign, created by the creative agency 72andSunny, is Square’s second in the U.S.; the first ran in 2012."
- Mobile World Congress: PayPal App Allows Samsung Gear 2 Owners to Shop and Pay - Mobile World Congress - "Today, Samsung unveiled its Gear 2 smartwatches at Mobile World Congress. We’re thrilled to share that PayPal will be the first payment provider on the latest Samsung wearable devices."
- A Company In China Shows How WhatsApp Could Make A Boatload Of Money - Business Insider - "Payments, however, seem like a logical integration. So does banking in general."
- Even with new card, I don't feel chipper about Target breach - Taking Charge at CreditCards.com - "It leaves you wondering if there's any safe way to make purchases these days."
On the Wires:
- 13 Million Social Media Conversations Show What Consumers Think about Mobile Payments - "MasterCard and PRIME Research today released the second annual global MasterCard Mobile Payments Study, which tracked more than 13 million social media comments across Twitter, Facebook, online blogs and forums around the world."
- Accenture Launches Mobile Wallet Platform with Integrated Advanced Analytics for Insight-Driven Customer Offers - “This platform will help our clients – be they banks, mobile operators, merchants or a partnership of them all – to understand which offers to extend to which consumers and when. The platform then provides the functionality with which to pay for those offers, while gathering data to continue the learning and relationship-building process with that individual.”
- Tyfone Announces Fluide Mobile Banking - "Using innovative technologies for mobile application development and deployment, Fluide Mobile brings secure and branded mobile apps in a cost effective and rapid manner."
- ROAM Extends End-to-End mPOS Platform with EMV Chip & PIN - "This new cloud-based solution is fully compatible with ROAM’s mobile commerce platform, making ROAM the leading mPOS solution provider supporting new mPOS players with all mobile card acceptance types: magnetic stripe, NFC, chip & sign and chip & PIN."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York; May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews