On the Web:
- Chase Debuts First Spot Featuring Apple Pay - Ad Age - "We've been working with Apple for a long time -- over a year -- on this partnership," said Chase Chief Brand Officer Susan Canavari. "We thought about their values as well as ours, and we both focus on our customers."
- Square will soon accept Apple Pay - CNN Money - "Square founder Jack Dorsey -- who also famously launched Twitter -- told CNN that he wants to help businesses accept all forms of payments, and Apple Pay is no exception."
- 'Tis is the season for mobile shopping - Google Official Blog - "Starting this week, when you search for a specific product on your smartphone or tablet you’ll see more detailed information about the product and where to buy it, like which stores have it available and product reviews from customers."
- Shoppers Go Mobile Black Friday Weekend - Google Shopping Blog - "To get a read on the trends heading into Black Friday, we took the temperature of holiday shopping online. We looked at search trends on Google, insights from Google Consumer Surveys and top trending purchases on our same-day delivery service, Google Express."
On the Wires:
- CashStar Survey: Most Consumers Prefer Gift Cards to Physical Gifts, but Many Feel Guilty Asking for Them - "According to the survey of more than 1,100 U.S. consumers, 60 percent said gift cards to their favorite retailers, restaurants and brands are on their wish list this year, jumping to nearly 70 percent among 35-44 year-olds. Yet, 30 percent said they feel guilty asking for them, citing several reasons: they don’t like asking for anything (62%), it feels the same as asking for cash (61%) and it doesn’t feel personal enough (45%)."
- First Hawaiian Bank Transforms Branches with Personal Touch of NCR Video Teller Technology - “We’ve equipped our new Waiakea Branch with a number of innovative technologies that will greatly enhance the customer experience. These video teller machines using NCR technology allow us to deliver financial services efficiently, yet still with that important personal touch for our customers,” said Bob Harrison, chairman, president and CEO, First Hawaiian Bank.
- Eastern University Simplifies Tuition Payments with ACI Worldwide - "ACI is a market leader in providing bill payment systems to colleges and universities with more than 300 higher education institutions in the United States and Puerto Rico utilizing its payment processing solutions."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews