On the Web:
- Apple Pay: It’s Your Life? - PaymentsViews.com (Carol Coye Benson) - "Apple Pay, particularly with Apple Watch, is going to simply be part of how I live my life – convenient, always there, and deeply integrated into other Apple apps, devices, and experiences."
- Banks Did It Apple’s Way in Payments by Mobile - New York Times - “There are schemes that don’t respect and honor the payment networks,” said James Anderson, the senior vice president for mobile product development at MasterCard. “We want to invest in programs that respect our role in the ecosystem.”
- The hidden brilliance behind the timing of Apple’s adoption of NFC - "But with the US market already obligated to catch up to the rest of the world around physical card security, it’s a much easier sell to support touchless mobile payments as well."
- China Mobile partners with American Express on mobile payments - Want China Times - "China's largest telecom operator, China Mobile, announced Wednesday its strategic alliance with American Express with the aim to expand in the global mobile payment market."
- Apple Pay vs. MCX: Which has bigger potential in mobile payments? - Mobile Commerce Daily - “Simply put, people are more excited about Apple as a brand than they are about 7-11,” he said.
- Consumer Financial Protection Regulations: How Do They Measure Up? - Payment Cards Center of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia - "The Payment Cards Center's September 2012 policy conference advanced the discussion of targeted design and outcome measurement as central features of public policy in the area of consumer financial protections."
On the Wires:
- Prepared Remarks of CFPB Director Richard Cordray at the Consumer Advisory Board Meeting - CFPB - "In short, at the Consumer Bureau, we are not content just to watch technology unfold before considering and taking appropriate action as it affects consumers in the financial marketplace. We intend to move forward alongside industry, keeping an eye out to protect consumers as these new technologies develop, not simply after-the-fact."
- TSYS and iMobile3 Partner to Provide Apple Pay Integration - “TSYS’ partnership with iMobile3 allows our merchants to interact and connect with customers using a best-in-class mobile storefront experience and allows secure payments with Apple Pay. We expect Apple’s entry into mobile payments to revolutionize the industry and we are happy to be at the forefront along with iMobile3,” said Craig Ludwig, head of product, TSYS Merchant Services.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join Elizabeth McQueery and Manfred Schuck for Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop - Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421. I continue to strive for having PaymentsNews be your secret weapon!
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews