On the web:
- Incidents of Fraud Following a Data Breach Nearly Double in Two Years, Javelin Study Finds - Digital Transactions - "What we really think is driving that more than anything else is criminals are getting better at figuring out what is of value and then going out and really looking for it..."
- Bitcoin as an API for Money: Creating Money-As-a-Service - ProgrammableWeb - "Bitcoin works on trust by “computation,” a network that is always cross checking itself through its participants."
- Retailers are retailers, ‘not patent experts’ - NRF Blog - "End-users should not be subject to lawsuits for simply using a product as intended."
- The True Costs of Credit Card Convenience Checks - Credit.com Blog - "Paper checks issued against your credit card account can come in handy in a bind, but cardholders should always be aware of the costs involved."
- Moving abroad? 7 tips from a perpetual nomad - Taking Charge - "Cash is still king in most parts of the world."
- What FIs Should Be Doing, But Often Aren’t - TMG Blog - "Act like a retailer — have a strategic game plan, that includes POS, lobby engagement tactics…"
On the wires:
- TrialPay Mobile Revenue Surges 85% in Q1 as Company Announces In-Store Offers to Tap into $2.5T of Consumer Retail Spending - "In-store offers are the result of a proprietary offline platform that has been in development for two years. Bypassing traditional coupons, apps and check-ins, these in-store purchases are instantly tracked via normal credit and debit cards."
- Boku Brings Mobile Payments to Smart TVs with Partner PlayJam - "The partnership brings carrier billing to smart televisions and other consumer electronics around the world, including devices from Samsung, Panasonic, LGE, Vizio, Western Digital, Google TV and VESTEL."