#wima touchscreen at table: wowza 55% of customers use it to pay, 30% increase in satisfaction rating, 20% increase in dessert sales— Dave Birch (@dgwbirch) October 29, 2013
On the web:
- Decentralization: Key to Bitcoin’s Success - Bitcoin Magazine - "A model of organized decentralization is key to the success of Bitcoin around the world."
- Embracing The Unknown – Can Banks Thrive in a Digital Future? - Ericsson Open Money Blog - "So it is very possible that trying to predict the next 10 years in banking will be just as futile. All we can do is lay out scenarios and try to assign probabilities to them, hoping they are realistic."
- Vodafone launches M-Pesa service in Maharashtra - The Hindu Business Line - "Telecom services provider Vodafone India in association with ICICI Bank has launched M-Pesa, its trademarked mobile money transfer and payment service in Maharashtra."
- Someone Bought $27 Worth Of Bitcoin, Forgot About It, Remembered, And Now It's Worth $886,000 - Business Insider
- Create offers in minutes and reach customers on Google Maps with Google Offers - Google Commerce Blog - "Using the simple offer creation tool, businesses can create their offer in minutes and showcase it to local customers across Google, including Google Maps."
- Canadian Payments Association makes available new tutorial videos on how payments work in Canada - in both English and French.
- Introducing, Dwolla Storefront - The Dwolla Blog - "To house these hand-selected gems, we’ve launched Dwolla Storefront, a place to find merchants that accept Dwolla."
On the wires:
- Samsung Wallet Adds New Partners Expands Consumer Offerings - "Samsung Wallet allows users to store and organize coupons, tickets and memberships under different categories while also enabling them to manually create digital versions of existing membership cards."
- One Third of Americans Have Never Checked Their Credit Report Reveals TransUnion Study - "According to a recent Google Consumer Survey conducted by TransUnion, one third (32.7 percent) of Americans surveyed said they have never checked their credit report or credit score. Another 24.6 percent surveyed said they had not checked credit report or credit score in the last year."
- Fiserv Debuts Mobile Cash Ordering Solution - "Financial institutions can offer cash forecasting, real-time credit checks, and self-service wizards for standing orders and user maintenance through the CorPoint website."
- U.S. Bank Launches Automated Travel Payment Tool - "The bank is the first payment provider in North America to deliver a truly integrated travel payment and reconciliation tool that replaces manual central billing of hotel charges with single-use virtual account numbers."
- Small Business Payments Company Launches New Product and Apps - "Small Business Workbench is a simple turnkey solution that banks and small business service providers can offer as a ‘white label’ product to their small business customers."
- Heartland Payment Systems® Named One of 2013 Best Companies to Sell For - “It all comes down to empowering sales professionals with the tools they need to realize long-term success and career growth..."
- Bluefin Payment Systems Launches PayConex Platform for Salesforce on the AppExchange - "PayConex for Salesforce enables users to easily add electronic payments, including debit and credit card processing, to their Salesforce account."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking on New Payments Regulation in Brazil at the International Money Transmitter Conference in Miami, Nov 4-7, 2013.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews