On the Web:
- Building a Safer Payment System - Speech by Federal Reserve Governor Jerome H. Powell - "Each of us has an important role to play in building a safer payment system. Given the payment system's complexity, it's important to keep in mind that we all need to work together when we innovate, prevent, plan, and educate."
- Turmoil in Payments - Filene Blog - "To paint a picture of the shifting landscape, Filene completed more than two-dozen expert interviews, conducted a survey to gauge credit unions’ challenges around payments and what they’re doing about them, and examined existing literature."
On the Wires:
- TSYS Research Reveals Canadian Consumers Prefer Credit Cards as Payment Choice - "The second annual research found that when given a choice, 46 percent of Canadian consumers prefer to pay using their credit cards more than any other payment method. That’s up from 34 percent in 2014. The recent online survey of more than 1,200 respondents, age 18 years and older, found that consumer preferences for using credit cards to shop online, combined with an overall increase in e-commerce, will likely cause a continued rise in credit use."
- RentPayment Announces Plans to Report Rental Payment Information to TransUnion - "YapStone™ announced today that RentPayment, its online and mobile payment solution for the apartment rental industry, will now report rental payment information using TransUnion’s Resident Credit. The integration with ResidentCredit will offer a prompt, seamless reporting process for property managers and residents."
- Wells Fargo Redesigns CEO Portal Services for Multiple Devices - “Over the last 15 years, we’ve seen dramatic changes in technology and the way our customers do business ― it’s not just through their desktops anymore,” said Steve Ellis, executive vice president and group head of Wholesale Services at Wells Fargo. “We’re continuing to invest in new technology to make banking easier and more secure for our customers who need to connect with many types of devices. We continually improve the CEO and release new features every quarter ― that’s 60 updates since its launch.”
- Fintech Investment in U.S. Nearly Tripled in 2014, According to Report by Accenture and Partnership Fund for New York City - "The value of fintech investments in the United States soared to $9.89 billion in 2014, up from $3.39 billion in 2013. This 191 percent increase dwarfs the increase in 2013, when fintech deal values in the United States climbed 68 percent. In New York, fintech deal values grew by 32 percent in 2014, to a new high of $768 million."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews