On the Web:
- Payments on Fire Podcast - Episode 8 – Virtual Banking, PayPal, Apple Pay – A conversation with Dan Schatt - PaymentsViews.com (George Peabody) - "Join George Peabody in a conversation with Stockpile’s Dan Schatt on virtual banking, innovation, and the future of PayPal."
- This is how McDonald’s will take Apple Pay at the drive through - 9to5Mac - "While the convenience of paying with your iPhone is certainly there, the process at least at the drive through still seems a little weird."
- Leaked Apple Pay docs show a digital wallet holding 8 credit cards and close bank integration - GigaOm - "Each credit card also has a detailed drop-down screen, which features its most recent transactions down to the minute, as well as options to contact your bank and download your bank’s app."
- Malware Based Credit Card Breach at Kmart - Krebs on Security - "The company says it has removed the malware from store registers and contained the breach, but that the investigation is ongoing."
- Apple outlines Apple Pay, NFC operation in comprehensive patent filing - Apple Insider - "The document provides both a broad overview of what appears to be Apple Pay — as described by Apple at announcement and subsequent marketing materials — as well as a more detailed look at exemplary NFC hardware architecture and operation."
On the Wires:
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe Announces Sale of TransFirst - “We have enjoyed our close partnership with the TransFirst management team over the last several years.” said Eric J. Lee, General Partner at Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe. “John Shlonsky, CEO of TransFirst, and his leadership team have done an outstanding job building the Company into a market leader. We are confident that TransFirst will continue to build on its continued successes together with Vista Equity Partners.”
- Global Payments Completes Acquisition of Ezidebit - "Similar to the company’s OpenEdge division, Ezidebit markets its products through a network of integrated software vendors and direct channels to numerous vertical markets."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps: Oct 21-22 in New York, NY; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop: Nov 19 in New York City
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews