On the Web:
- Owner of a Credit Card Processor Is Setting a New Minimum Wage: $70,000 a Year - New York Times - "Mr. Price started the company, which processed $6.5 billion in transactions for more than 12,000 businesses last year, in his dorm room at Seattle Pacific University with seed money from his older brother."
- Infosys revamps core banking software with eye on future - Mint - "Infosys Ltd has started work on improving the capabilities of its core banking software Finacle by hiring executives from rival firms and evaluating ways to incorporate applications based on the underlying technology of virtual currency Bitcoin."
On the Wires:
- JPMorgan Chase Reports First-Quarter 2015 Net Income of $5.9 Billion - Jamie Dimon concluded: “JPMorgan Chase continues to support consumers, businesses and communities and make a significant positive impact. We have an outstanding franchise which is getting safer and stronger, and is gaining market share over time. We continue to build the company for the long-term, we are investing in controls, infrastructure, systems, technology, new products and bankers. We will continue to navigate challenges and deliver for our clients, shareholders and communities.”
- Wells Fargo Reports $5.8 Billion in Net Income - “Our solid first quarter results again reflected the benefit of our diversified business model and the continued focus of our 266,000 team members on serving the needs of consumer and business customers," said Chairman and CEO John Stumpf. “We continued to strengthen our customer relationships in the quarter, as reflected in strong growth in deposits and primary checking customers. In addition, our mortgage business was able to serve more customers by refinancing their mortgage loans with lower rates."
- Early Warning and BioCatch Align to Help U.S. Financial Services Organizations Fight Fraud and Improve Digital Experience - “Early Warning has taken yet another fundamental and unparalleled step in securing and optimizing digital financial transactions,” said Paul Finch, CEO of Early Warning. “Integrating BioCatch’s behavior analytics, plus our ability to authenticate consumers and their devices via the Mobile Network Operators, enables participating banks to provide a more seamless and secure digital experience for their customers as well as increase their own operational efficiencies.”
- U.S. Bank Introduces Virtual Payment for Travel Intermediaries - “Automatic reconciliation is critical to our partnership with travel intermediaries,” adds Jeff Rankin, U.S. Bank global executive for Large Market and Public Sector Bankcard. “Our single-use account solution provides an alternative to central travel accounts, creating a 1:1 relationship between the booking data and the transaction data and reducing overhead. We are pleased to bring these capabilities to our clients and see their businesses grow as they serve their global customers in new and better ways.”
- Synchrony Financial and Guitar Center to Introduce New Consumer Financing Program - "According to Synchrony Financial’s third annual Major Purchase Consumer Study, 72 percent of music shoppers always seek promotional financing, and 77 percent of respondents said that the availability of financing is “very important” when choosing a retailer. Musical instruments and gear also lead online purchases across the 12 categories included in the study."
- New TNS Card Scheme Gateway Set to Accelerate UnionPay Acceptance Worldwide - Lisa Shipley, Executive Vice President and Managing Director of TNS’ PaymentNetwork Solutions, said: “We’re delighted to have secured this arrangement with UnionPay to establish this gateway to promote in-store card acceptance internationally. UnionPay is a significant player within the card industry globally and merchants and banks have long recognized the importance of being able to accept payments made via its card."
- Kofax and Blackhawk Network Announce OEM Agreement - "Blackhawk Network has developed strong relationships with major retailers and payment systems which gives it a competitive edge in supporting digital wallets," stated Drew Hyatt, Senior Vice President of Mobile Capture Applications at Kofax. "Kofax Mobile Capture adds valuable user functionality to GoWallet and to Blackhawk Network’s digital platform, and benefits Kofax by adding Blackhawk to our growing list of mobile industry leaders.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews