On the Web:
- API-Based Money Mover Currency Cloud Taps Sapphire Ventures And Rakuten For $18M - TechCrunch - "The company’s main technology and product is called Payment Engine, and by way of an API, this sits as the essential engine behind a number of other services such as Azimo, TransferWise and xe.com and many others, over 125 in total, who have built businesses around the idea of moving money internationally."
- Traxpay Nabs Paypal and Mastercard Exec As Chief Operating Officer - Traxpay Blog - “There are very few experts in the financial technology sector that have the breadth and depth of experience that Jochen Siegert brings,” commented Traxpay’s CEO John Bruggeman. “We share a common vision for where the industry is going, and what the market is expecting in terms of innovation for companies transacting on a global scale."
On the Wires:
- More U.S. Consumers Bank On The Go, Even on Dates - “This survey tells us what our customers have shown us over the last two years,” said Barry Sommers, CEO of Chase Consumer Banking. “They love the ease of handling their routine banking online, on their phone and at an ATM.” More consumers are using their mobile app (33%) or banking online (35%) than last year while only 16% are stopping by branches more often.
- TNS Provides Pan-Asian Telecommunications Network for Global Payments - Guido Sacchi, Chief Information Officer at Global Payments, added: “We have had a long-standing relationship with TNS because of their extensive global reach and ability to handle the many different protocols and methods used across the Asia Pacific region. By using TNS, we have achieved a standardised, PCI DSS solution that complies with local regulations in each market, meeting Global Payments’ business requirements and allowing us to maintain a high standard of service to our customers.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews