On the Web:
- Amazon Expands Payments and Pickup Lockers in Europe - Ecommerce Bytes - "Amazon has expanded its "Login and Pay with Amazon" service to merchants in Europe, and it has installed pickup lockers at a UK airport for shoppers on the go."
On the Wires:
- Green Dot to Acquire Santa Barbara Tax Products Group - America’s Largest Consumer Tax Refund Transaction Processor - "The segment of consumers who utilize TPG’s services are highly correlated to Green Dot’s customer segment of LMI American families. As a point of reference, more than 50% of all tax refunds loaded to Green Dot’s prepaid cards in the most recent tax season were processed by TPG. Furthermore, in the same period, we believe the majority of tax refund dollars loaded to all prepaid cards industry-wide were processed through TPG."
- Visa to Undertake Assessment of Stake in Monitise - "Consistent with Visa’s increased investment in our in-house capabilities, and the substantial growth in Monitise, Visa is considering its options with regard to its Monitise stake.”
- Corethree Partners with Boku to Integrate First Direct Carrier Billing Mobile Payments Solution for M-Ticketing - "With this partnership, consumers gain the ability to charge bus ticket purchases directly to their mobile phone bill from within a mobile app without the need for a credit or debit card."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join Elizabeth McQueery and Manfred Schuck for Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop - Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421. I continue to strive for having PaymentsNews be your secret weapon!
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews