On the Web:
- Apple exec Eddy Cue goes on 'holiday shopping spree' to showcase Apple Pay - AppleInsider - "Rich DeMuro of KTLA's The Tech Report met with Cue to do some shopping in Santa Monica. From buying a snack at Panera Bread to an iPad from the Apple Store, the duo used nothing but Apple Pay and supporting apps."
- Target streamlines in-store holiday shopping with app navigation features - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The interactive maps will overlay product locations as pins on the map, enabling guests to easily find the aisles for their desired purchases."
- Square Introduces Gift Cards for Local Businesses - Square Blog - "Today, we’re excited to unveil gift cards for local businesses, powered by Square. They’re one flat rate — $1.50 per card—with zero hidden fees."
- Coinbase Launches Bitcoin-Based Tips, Micropayments - TechCrunch - "More than 30 percent of orders through Coinbase’s network are already $1 or below. The promise of crypto-currencies is that they can facilitate transactions with substantially lower fee structures."
- U.S. Mobile Payments Market to Boom by 2019, Research Firm Says - New York Times - "Mobile-based payments in the United States are expected to reach $142 billion in volume in 2019, according to a report from the research firm Forrester..."
On the Wires:
- Apple Pay Now Available in All BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie Grocery Stores - Customers want a shopping experience that is convenient, easy and secure, which is why we’re so pleased to announce support for Apple Pay,” said Bert DuMars, vice president, digital marketing at Bi-Lo Holdings. “Bi-Lo Holdings is prioritizing digital mobile solutions for our customers, and Apple Pay is an exciting first step in our journey.”
- State Bank of India Enhances Customer Experience with Datacard® Instant Issuance Debit Card Solution - “Today, more than half of India's population is under the age of 25. By 2020, India's average age will be just 29 years – this is a digital demographic: one that expects businesses to provide solutions immediately. At the same time, the mass affluent – no matter what their age have similar expectations. Indian banks need to provide a strong response to these new demands. These branches are a first step in the journey to offering full digital services across the nation.”
- Intuit Partners with Revel Systems to Deliver iPad Point of Sale Solution within QuickBooks Online Ecosystem - “This is all about giving retailers maximum flexibility to accept payments and manage customer relationships anytime, anywhere, while staying grounded and confident because they can always access an up-to-date and accurate picture of their books,” said Eric Dunn, Intuit’s senior vice president for payments and commerce solutions.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews