On the Web:
- What’s Next for US Payments - PaymentsViews.com (Bryan Derman) - "We’ve spent so much time the past several years obsessing about how mobile proximity payments would be deployed in the U.S. and the rest of the developed world. Now we know."
- Visa, Nasdaq, Others Invest $30 Million in Bitcoin-Related Startup - Wall St. Journal - "Investors include Visa Inc., Nasdaq Inc., Citi Ventures, Capital One Financial Corp., Fiserv Inc. and Orange SA."
- Square Said to Seek Fourth-Quarter IPO as Twitter Decision Looms - Bloomberg - "Square is pressing ahead with plans for its IPO even as Twitter’s board is considering whether Dorsey will remain CEO of the social-media company..."
- Monitise shares slump as chief departs, loss widens - Reuters UK - "Monitise Plc Chief Executive Elizabeth Buse has quit after just over a year in the post, the mobile banking software maker said on Wednesday..."
- Swipely CEO: We Want to Provide the Operating Platform That Restaurants Run On - StreetFight - "After six years of slugging it out in the small business market, Providence-based Swipely is starting to really feel the wind behind it. The company provides a payments-centric data analytics platform specifically aimed at restaurants, and CEO Angus Davis says the company’s aim is to help restaurants use their own data to “make better decisions, to help them to make more money at the end of the day.”"
- What’s Phishing? Don’t Let Cybercriminals Reel You In - PayPal Stories - "In fact, at PayPal we receive close to 15,000 phishing reports each day from around the world."
- European Payments Regulators Call for the End of Single-Factor Authentication - TSYS - "To attain strong customer authentication under EBA guidelines PSPs must deploy procedures that use a minimum of two independent authentication elements – categorised as knowledge, ownership and inherence."
On the Wires:
- Redeeming Rewards Just Got Easier; Chase Freedom Mobile App Launches - "The free app, available on both the Apple App StoreSM and Google Play™, allows cardholders the ability to redeem their cash back rewards and pay at the register at 30 merchants, including Gap, Target, Lowe’s, Starbucks, Toys"R"Us, TGI Fridays, and Regal Entertainment Group."
- The Financial Inclusion Challenge Recognizes Four Organizations for Their Innovative Approach to Financial Inclusion - "The Challenge, run by The Wall Street Journal and exclusively sponsored by MetLife Foundation, is a global project launched in Asia to recognize innovative, sustainable, scalable and impactful strategies that are helping to increase access to financial programs, products and services to individuals who historically have not had access to them."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!