On the Web:
- Sources: Square to file for IPO in the next two weeks - Fortune - "Payments startup Square plans to file an S-1 document for its initial public offering within the next two weeks..."
- Banks Embrace Bitcoin’s Heart but Not Its Soul - MIT Technology Review - "Six years later, financial institutions such as JP Morgan and Citigroup are taking on Nakamoto’s ideas – but ditching the parts of Bitcoin’s design intended to reduce their influence."
- Samsung Touts Mobile Payment Success - Wall St. Journal - "Just in time for its U.S. launch next week, Samsung Electronics Co. said that its new mobile payment service has processed more than $30 million worth of transactions in its first month in South Korea..."
- What's the real worth of a BitLicense? The winner of the first one explains it all - New York Business Journal - "Two years after New York initiated its research into bitcoin, the state on Wednesday awarded the first "BitLicense"..."
On the Wires:
- Shopify Announces New EMV Credit Card Reader That Accepts Chip and Pin, and Apple Pay - "The new card reader is designed for Shopify POS, the company’s iPad® and iPhone® point of sale system used by merchants in retail and pop up stores. Ordering the new credit card reader will allow merchants to prepare for the credit card industry’s October 1, 2015 EMV liability shift."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!