On the Web:
- If Apple Makes A Move Into Mobile Payments, It Could Not Come At A Better Time - TechCrunch - "For a company like Apple, what’s interesting is not just the prospect of the company supporting and enabling NFC on the iPhone, but how Apple may choose to link this up with other new technology..."
- Meet the man building the Fort Knox of bitcoin - The Verge - "We sat down with Xapo CEO Wences Casares to discuss why he thinks such extreme measures are necessary and how he sees bitcoin changing the world."
- How Beacons Are Changing the Shopping Experience - HBR Blog Network - "Implementing beaconing is less about installing the actual beacons and much more about rethinking the overall shopping experience they can help shape."
- Digital Financial Services: Changes To Bank On - Khosla Impact - "In a new series of posts on payments and digital financial services, we share our views on the changing landscape across Africa and India, and the new market opportunities that these changes are enabling for entrepreneurs, consumers and small businesses."
- Square Feeling Squeezed From All Sides - New York Times DealBook - "If Square’s ambitions do not pan out quickly enough, it may be at risk of needing to raise more money at a lower valuation."
- Exclusive: Flipkart shutting Payzippy, invests in Ngpay - MediaNama (India) - "Indian online marketplace Flipkart is phasing out its payment gateway business Payzippy, a little over a year after it launched it, MediaNama had learnt from reliable sources."
On the Wires:
- EPIC and U.S. Bank Multi Service Aviation Network Announce Global Card Acceptance - “EPIC has tapped into the power of our well-established platform for processing card transactions,” said U.S. Bank Payment Sales and Client Relationship Executive Jeff Rankin. “Adding the EPIC Card as a payment option at all of our FBO-serviced locations makes both the EPIC Card and the U.S. Bank Multi Service Aviation Network even more convenient for customers.”
- Monitise : Board and Executive Management Changes - "Mike Dreyer, former Global Head of Technology at Visa Inc., has been appointed President, Americas. Mike, who now oversees all sales activity and major accounts spanning the US, Canada and Latin America, reports to Monitise co-CEO Elizabeth Buse."
- IDology and Jumio Partner to Enhance the Manual Document Review Process - “IDology and Jumio share the same goal – to make identity verification easy for businesses while simultaneously making that process seamless and without hassle for the customer,” said Daniel Mattes, Founder and CEO, Jumio.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join Elizabeth McQueery and Manfred Schuck for Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop - Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews