ON THE WEB
- Coachella Takes Payment Cards – Mostly - PaymentsViews.com (Sam Levitt) - "All in all, Coachella and Square teamed up to offer a much easier payment experience than in the past. Although I ended up using cash the rest of the weekend at all vendors – water or not – many people throughout the festival grounds were able to buy their meals, merchandise or beer with their cards."
- Mastercard Close To £1bn Vocalink Takeover - Sky News - "Sky News has learnt that the 13 banks which are shareholders in Vocalink have approved a period of exclusivity within which Mastercard can negotiate a takeover of the company."
- ETA Transact 2016 : Delivering Choice & Opening Opportunity - PayPal (Bill Ready) - "The entire commerce experience will be rewired in the next 3-5 years, as the industry shifts to mobile and enables new innovation. There’s never been a better time for industry players to come together to bring more choice and greater opportunities for consumers and businesses alike."
- How the 'Faster' Chip Credit Cards Actually Work - St. Louis Post Dispatch - "Visa’s new tech works similarly to contactless cards, which communicate with a card reader via a radio frequency (RF) interface and, as such, don’t need to come into physical contact with it."
ON THE WIRES
- Synchrony Financial Reports First Quarter Net Earnings of $582 Million or $0.70 Per Diluted Share - "To support this growth, we have significantly expanded our deposit base, growing deposits $10 billion over last year. Our innovative payments, analytics, loyalty and financing solutions are delivering value to our partners and cardholders and continue to build the foundation for future growth,” said Margaret Keane, President and Chief Executive Officer of Synchrony Financial.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!