On the Web:
- Facebook is now more valuable than JP Morgan Chase - Quartz - "As of the end of trading yesterday, Facebook’s market value rested at some $212 billion..."
- Alibaba’s Financial Affiliate Takes 25% Stake In India’s One97, Owner Of Paytm - TechCrunch - "Alibaba co-founder and chairman Jack Ma, who still owns a stake in Ant Financial, has said that he is interested in making more investments in India, in part because Indian suppliers are the second-biggest users of Alibaba’s sites after users from China."
- The future of Visa and other card schemes - Financial Services Club Blog - "Someone asked me yesterday: what do you think will happen to the card schemes in the future? I hadn’t thought about it much lately, but suddenly realised that the card schemes face a real melting pot of change."
On the Wires:
- First Data and Capgemini Form Global Alliance to Deliver Next Generation Payment Solutions - "Never before in the history of financial services has the speed of change been faster, and competition for customers more fierce," said Guy Chiarello, president of First Data. "Our singular focus is helping our clients grow their businesses, and this important global alliance with Capgemini helps deliver on that commitment by enabling our clients to navigate an evolving global marketplace with our optimal solutions and deployment expertise."
- With EMV Chip Migration on Track, U.S. Payments Industry Looks Ahead to Mobile, eCommmerce and Tokenization at Smart Card Alliance 2015 Payments Summit - "While approximately 120 million Americans have already received a chip card according to estimates from the EMV Migration Forum, we are on the eve of a tsunami of mass chip card issuance. Kimberly Lawrence of Visa presented the payment industry's consensus forecast that 575 million chip cards will be issued by the end of 2015, representing about 71 percent of credit cards and 41 percent of debit cards."
- Intuit Urges Industry to Join Fight to Combat Tax Fraud - "Intuit consistently invests in leading-edge technology, world-class technologists and pioneering products that help prevent, detect and respond to suspicious and fraudulent data activity. The company today announced plans to acquire Porticor, a leader in cloud-based security, headquartered in Israel."
- Armor Payments Launches First Escrow as a Service (EaaS) Payment Solution to Power Secure Online B2B Transactions - "With Armor Payments EaaS, third-party applications such as B2B marketplaces, crowdfunding services, and solutions requiring B2B disbursements can easily integrate and offer secure escrow payments between their payers and payees to cost-effectively eliminate the risks of doing business online."
- Egyptian Government, MasterCard sign MoU to Drive Financial Inclusion - Ajay Banga, Chief Executive Officer, MasterCard said: “This partnership highlights our commitment to Egypt and its people. It’s crucial for us to join forces with governments around the world to accelerate positive change for citizens. We have a long and rich history in Egypt, and we are excited about the opportunity to provide more Egyptians with access to financial services.”
- Orange and Ecobank launch money transfer service between Orange Money accounts and bank accounts in Africa - "The service has already been launched in Mali and will be rolled-out in several other African countries, including Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea Conakry, Niger, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, during the first half of 2015."
- Wells Fargo Survey: Small Business Optimism Highest in Seven Years - “The overall Index score speaks to the general improvements that many small businesses experienced in 2014,” said Lisa Stevens, Wells Fargo head of Small Business “With the economy improving every day, many business owners are seeing stronger revenues and are feeling a renewed sense of confidence and expecting an even better year ahead.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews