On the Web:
- Understanding and Improving Consumer Financial Health in America - Center for Financial Services Innovation - "This research explores the state of financial health in America in a groundbreaking examination of consumer behaviors, attitudes, and preferences. In it, we define seven consumer financial health segments based on a combination of behaviors and attitudes, offering an analysis that goes beyond income, age, education, or credit score."
- Optimal Payments to Acquire Digital Payments Rival - "Optimal Payments said on Monday that it had agreed to acquire the digital payment service Skrill Group in a cash-and-share deal that values the business at 1.1 billion euros, or about $1.2 billion."
- Comments On The Proposed Bitlicense Regulations - AVC.com (Fred Wilson) - "This blog post is being submitted as a public comment on the revised Bitlicense regulations and should be read as such."
- The New York BitLicense and California’s Digital Currency Bill – A Comparison - CoinCenter - "All in all, I’m optimistic that we’ll see progress in both New York and California. Each wants to be a leader in the exploding new FinTech space, they face increasing competition from the UK and other international jurisdictions, and they have each been quite receptive to input from those of us the cryptocurrency ecosystem."
- Trouble at AmEx: Some cardholders can leave home without it - AP - "One of the biggest threats to AmEx is the slew of competing cards aimed at the well-to-do, sometimes with lower annual fees."
On the Wires:
- Fiserv Completes First Tokenized Transactions via Accel Debit Payments Network - “Fiserv offers one of the first debit payment networks to enable tokenization, which is required for transactions such as those conducted using Apple Pay™,” said Kevin Gregoire, president, Financial Institutions Group, Fiserv. “Apple Pay is just one example of the rapid changes in the payments landscape, and it is important for Fiserv to equip our clients to deliver the capabilities consumers expect at an accelerated pace. We anticipate that tokenization will play an increasing role in the debit payments industry and Accel is well positioned to accommodate further developments.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews