On the Web
- Square IPO Offers Up a Litmus Test - Wall St. Journal - "The mobile-payments startup founded and run by Twitter Inc. Chief Executive Jack Dorsey is perhaps the highest-profile IPO out of San Francisco this year..."
- Banks and Fintech Firms’ Relationship Status: It’s Complicated - Wall St. Journal - “The classic narrative is the Silicon Valley firebrand who’s taking on the system,” said Matt Harris, managing director of Bain Capital Ventures, an early Simple investor. In financial services, though, “that’s just not going to be a winning narrative.”
- Blockchain: A Fundamental Shift for Financial Services Institutions - Capgemini - "In this paper, Capgemini looks at blockchain technology and how it can transform financial institutions. We also explore how to evaluate this new technology and what to consider when looking at blockchain as a transformational opportunity."
- Fidelity Charitable Donors Can Now Contribute Bitcoin - Coinable Blog - "This partnership is the latest example of a large organization leveraging the power of the world’s largest, most secure blockchain, the Bitcoin blockchain."
On the Wires
- Online Retail Fraud Attempts Increased by 30% in Past Year - “When it comes to fraud, 2015 is likely among the riskiest season retailers have ever seen; and it is critical that they prepare for a significant uptick in fraud, particularly within eCommerce channels,” said Mike Braatz, senior vice president, Payments Risk Management, ACI Worldwide. “Our findings suggest that merchants must be even more vigilant and shore up eCommerce fraud protocols, which may leave online shoppers more vulnerable.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digital Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!