ON THE WEB
- No Purchase Is Too Tiny For Today’s Debit-Card Users — Right, Millennials? - | The Seattle Times - "A growing number of consumers say they whip out a credit or debit card even when spending less than $5. Millennials appear to be leading the trend."
- Starbucks Rolls Out A More Personalized Mobile App - TechCrunch - "Now the company is pushing forward with a Mobile Order & Pay solution that lets customers skip the line by ordering ahead. And it’s experimenting with a delivery service in partnership with Postmates."
- Apple Watch, 1 Year Later: What's The Verdict? - Fluent Blog - ""Shopping" is the 2nd choice behind "fitness tracking" when we asked what Apple Watch owners primarily use their devices... with 61% saying they have made a purchase using their watches."
- All You Need To Know About UPI, the Unified Payment Interface - Business Standard News - "The UPI technology [from RS Software] promises to change the way Indians carry out transactions, and aims to move to a largely cashless economy at the retail level."
ON THE WIRES
- First Public Consultation on SEPA Instant Credit Transfer Scheme - European Payments Council - "The European Payments Council (EPC) is today launching the public consultation on the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Instant Credit Transfer (SCT Inst) scheme. The proposed scheme is the first in the world to be interoperable in a region as large as SEPA and is a response to European customer needs for faster payments."
- Ingenico Group Acquires Think&Go NFC, the Connected Screens Start-up - "Think&Go NFC has developed a technology that enables any kind of digital display to interact with connected objects such as smartphones and transit passes... the connected screens become a vehicle for marketing tools like drive-to-store, couponing, loyalty programs and downloads."
- SWIFT To Launch New Payments Data Quality Service - "Payments Data Quality [is] an advanced reporting and data analytics service to help financial institutions comply with new international requirements for originator and beneficiary information in payments messages."
- MIT Adopts Ripple Validator to Advance Consensus and Blockchain Research - "In this new experiment with Ripple, we are taking MIT's experiential research approach to the blockchain, and we anticipate this collaboration will provide us new opportunities to test and deploy data applications and research."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!