ON THE WEB
- Why do new chip cards take so long? - Chicago Tribune - "The delay is due to the added security features, the primary reason for using the technology. Specifically, the chip in the card is generating a unique encrypted message between the store and the bank's network."
- Chip Cards Cause Headaches at Stores Across America - Bloomberg - "A majority of credit cards in the U.S. now contain a chip designed to add more security -- yet most payment terminals at retailers can’t read the new technology. And the situation isn’t going to improve anytime soon."
ON THE WIRES
- Signifyd Launches First and Only Fraud Protection App for Newly Released Next-Generation Magento Marketplace - "Unlike other fraud prevention services that use an outdated system of score-based reporting, Signifyd provides merchants with a simple, actionable decision — ship or don’t ship. Furthermore, Signifyd’s E-Commerce Assurance plan covers the cost of fraudulent chargebacks."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!