Carol Benson: Bank customers don't expect to pay for payments solutions. #ABA2013— ABA Banking Journal (@ABABankingJourn) October 22, 2013
Banga: “Cash is the friend of the rich man, not the poor man.” #icapsummit— MasterCard News (@MasterCardNews) October 22, 2013
Today, we're piloting a new way to understand and use regulations. We're starting with Regulation E. Check it out: http://t.co/uDakPfMByS— consumerfinance.gov (@CFPB) October 22, 2013
On the web:
- An Open Letter to the Electronic Payments Industry - from Bob Carr, CEO of Heartland Payment Systems
- Bitcoin Market Summary - Spark Capital - Produced by Oxana Kunets - Slideshare - "This is an analysis by Oxana Kunets, a Columbia GSB MBA that Spark Capital hired on HourlyNerd to study the Bitcoin market. It's a summary of: 1) what is bitcoin, 2) the companies in the space, and ..."
- Former Netflix CFO Barry McCarthy Joins Super-Secretive Payments Startup Clinkle As COO - TechCrunch - "Now with more than 50 employees, Clinkle will likely lean on McCarthy’s financial and operations experience to move it forward..."
- eBay Brings Together the Best of Shopping with Significant Marketplace Enhancements and Expanded Local Capabilities - “We’re making fundamental changes to our business that put us in a position to be the right partner for merchants and the best place for people to shop – anytime, anywhere and on any device.”
- Fed Says It Followed Interchange Law - Credit Union Times - "The regulator argued that it had followed the law in requiring, for example, that debit issuers have two payment networks on each card and not just one and that the retailers who had filed the suit had misstated the law's requirement."
- CFPB: Making regulations easier to use - Today, we’re releasing a new open source tool we built, eRegulations, to help make regulations easier to understand. Check it out: consumerfinance.gov/eregulations
- EBay Probed by Regulator Over Loans Pioneered by Payday Lenders - Bloomberg - "The program, called Bill Me Later, is a service of the online marketplace’s PayPal unit..."
- How Mobile POS Can Help Kickstart Your Holiday Sales - VeriFone Blog - "The level of sophistication of today’s mobile tablets and devices is astonishing and they offer the same, if not better, capabilities over many of their older and larger predecessors."
- Payments Network Dwolla Moves Beyond Cash With Launch Of “Dwolla Credit” In Partnership With ADS - TechCrunch - "As the name implies, the service is about extending credit to consumers that they can then tap into when shopping online by selecting a new Dwolla funding source at the time of checkout."
- With IPO In Sight, Lending Club Looks To Upend Banking Industry - Forbes.com (Tomio Geron) - "Lending Club’s peer-to-peer model seeks to cut out banks’ high margins and make peer-to-peer lending a real alternative to banks."
On the wires:
- RewardsNOW Upgrades ShoppingFLING, its Merchant Funded Rewards Program - "Steven VanFleet, President and CEO of RewardsNOW, Inc., says that “Today’s shoppers are looking for more customized, relevant, and tailored offers delivered how and when they want. This upgrade to the ShoppingFLING program allows our loyalty program participants to essentially create their own online mall by creating Collections of their favorite stores."
- Moneris Solutions and CenPOS Announce New Strategic Partnership - "CenPOS has integrated Moneris’ advanced payment processing function into its cloud-based omni-channel payment platform to transform the payment processing experience for businesses that sell to other businesses (B2B)."
- Yardi Announces New Walk-in Payment System (WIPS™) for Rent Payments - "Using Yardi’s new Walk-in Payment System (WIPS), residents can pay rent in cash at over 18,000 participating convenience stores or big box retail locations."
- Citi ThankYou® Premier Cardmembers Now Earn 3 ThankYou® Points Per Dollar Spent On Dining Out And Entertainment, And 2 Points Per Dollar Spent On Airfare And Hotels - “We continue to see that dining, entertainment and travel are key categories where our cardmembers want their loyalty recognized,” said Chris Fred, Director of Rewards Product Management, Citi Cards.
- Biller Advantage from Fiserv Brings Robust Electronic Billing and Payment Capabilities to Underserved Business Niche - “Biller Advantage provides the functionality small to mid-sized billers need and the choices customers want,” said Jardon Bouska, division president, Biller Solutions, Fiserv.
- Vantiv Chooses ForgeRock to Help Support Its Clients - "ForgeRock ... today announced that it has been selected by Vantiv® to support the company’s next generation of access management for B2B and B2P facing portals."
- Ingo Money Announces Commercialization of its Mobile Remote Deposit Capture Service with Visa - "With its mobile remote deposit capture service, Ingo Money offers identity-verified consumers secure, frictionless access to their money, subject to certain fees and terms and conditions..."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking on New Payments Regulation in Brazil at the International Money Transmitter Conference in Miami 4-7, 2013.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews