ON THE WEB
- Why PayPal sees itself as the future of payments - CNET - "Schulman's vision is to make PayPal more of a daily or weekly habit, instead of just a payment button on a retailer's website or a place folks visit every now and then to transfer money."
ON THE WIRES
- American Express Launches Quick Chip Service - “Amex Quick Chip provides merchants operating in industries where fast checkout speed is critical with an option for ensuring Card Members can quickly and efficiently pay for purchases with their EMV chip cards.”
- Customers Earn More Cash Rewards With Wells Fargo’s Cash Wise Visa® Card - “Customers who want the simplicity of ‘cash is king’ will love what Cash Wise gives them – a straightforward way to earn cash rewards for their everyday purchases without tracking bonus categories or earnings caps,” said Beverly Anderson, head of Consumer Financial Services for Wells Fargo.
- Revel Systems and Vantiv Integrated Payments Inspire Entrepreneurs to Start Their Dream Business - “This contest allows us to demonstrate our combined commitment to foster new business start-ups. The entrepreneurial vision is exciting as it challenges the norm and breaks down the barriers around how new business serves us as consumers,” says Kevin Brown, Leader of Direct Channel Development at Vantiv Integrated Payments.
- Fiserv Transforms In-Person Banking Experience with the Scan of a Palm - "With Verifast: Palm Authentication from Fiserv, consumers can be authenticated quickly, securely and accurately by holding their palm over an infrared sensing device, which detects a person’s unique palm vein pattern."
- InstaMed Releases Sixth Annual Trends in Healthcare Payments Report - "This year’s report focuses on four areas challenging the healthcare payments industry: the sweeping shift to consumer payment responsibility; consumerism’s demands on providers and payers; the unsustainability of paper processes; and increased security risks for healthcare payments."
- Blockchain Technology Successfully Piloted by Allianz Risk Transfer and Nephila for Catastrophe Swap - “Blockchain technology would increase reliability, auditability and speed for both cat swaps and bonds as less manual processing, authentication and verification through intermediaries is required to confirm the legitimacy of payments/transactions to and from the investors,” explains Richard Boyd, Bermuda-based Chief Underwriting Officer of ART.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!