On the Web:
- EBay Mulls Thousands of Job Cuts Next Year - Wall St. Journal - "The cuts are expected to primarily affect workers in eBay’s core marketplace division, these people said."
- Chick-Fil-A ramps up mcommerce with mobile payments, ordering - Mobile Commerce Daily - “We think customers will like it because they no longer need to dig through their purse or wallet for cash or a credit card to pay for their meal,” said Michael Lage, manager, customer relationship strategies at Chick-fil-A, College Park, Ga.
- Fed Sets Tough New Capital Rule for Big Banks - Wall St. Journal - "The proposal, which will be phased in starting in 2016 and take full effect in 2019, is aimed squarely at pushing big banks to shrink, an outcome regulators were explicit in saying they hope to encourage to reduce the likelihood a firm’s failure could require bailouts or damage the broader economy."
- Amex Veteran Launches White-Label Bitcoin Debit Card Platform - CoinDesk - "Founded in February, Blade Financial is pitching its service to digital currency companies that want to offer debit card services to customers but lack the resources or capabilities to actually launch a product."
On the Wires:
- Digital River Expands Its Global Partner Network with New Strategic Alliances - "As part of Digital River’s Global Partner Network, Rauxa and Slalom Consulting will combine the power of Digital River’s enterprise commerce platform with complementary business services and technology capabilities."
- First Data and ReD Partner to Fight Card-Not-Present Fraud in Mexico - "Through this partnership, First Data will introduce the market leading, real-time fraud prevention service, Red Shield®, to its existing and prospective merchant customer base in the region, focused initially on Mexico."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews