On the Web:
- PayPal CEO Dan Schulman presented to investors for the first time yesterday at Morgan Stanley's Technology, Media and Telecom conference. His presentation slides and a transcript of his talk are available on eBay's web site.
- Wal-Mart Expects Customers to Adopt Mobile Payments - Wall St. Journal - "A Wal-Mart spokesman said that Wal-Mart is open to different payment options, including Apple Pay."
- How will Samsung Pay compare to Apple Pay? - MacWorld - "Really, it’s called Samsung Pay? Yes, it is. Let’s move on."
- Apple Pay: Merchants FAQ - "Apple Pay gives your customers an easy, secure, and private way to pay in stores and within apps using the devices that they have with them every day."
- Former Netscape Director Bill Barhydt Launches Bitcoin Remittance App Abra - CoinDesk - "Barhydt explained that the goal of Abra is to attack the $550bn global remittance market by reducing its associated fees."
- Tim O’Reilly: Silicon Valley is massively underestimating the impact of IoT - VentureBeat - "He said Uber is also disrupting payments, more so even than much hyped services like Apple Pay. With Apple Pay, you replace one payment device (a credit card) with another payment device (a smartphone or Apple Watch). But with Uber, once the service is booked, payment just happens when it’s over — no need for another action by consumers."
- Washington Strips New York Fed’s Power - Wall St. Journal - "The Federal Reserve Bank of New York, once the most feared banking regulator on Wall Street, has lost power in a behind-the-scenes reorganization at the nation’s central bank."
- Apple Reveals One of the Systems behind Passbook and Apple Pay - Patently Apple - "Apple makes the use of Passbook and Apple Pay look so easy, and it is. Yet behind this simplicity is a very complex set of technologies to ensure that Apple's Passbook is transmitting and receiving the right information, especially for an app as important as Apple Pay."
- Here's Everything You Need to Know About Mobile Payments - AdWeek - "The truth is that nothing any of these players have released is such a huge improvement over the incumbent payment solutions that they're likely to displace our current ways to pay anytime soon," Forrester's Mulpuru-Kodali said.
On the Wires:
- Capital One Launches $150 Million Initiative to Help More Americans Succeed in a Digital Economy - "With its new Future EdgeSM initiative, Capital One will collaborate with leading educational and community organizations across the country to address areas of critical need that impact the nation’s current and future ability to grow and prosper in the digital age."
- Latest Version of InfoGenesis™ POS and InfoGenesis™ Flex Includes Support of Apple Pay™, Mobility Improvements and More - "Guest confidence is often created — or destroyed — at the point of sale, so it's critical to implement technology that increases efficiency and helps establish lasting connections with guests," said Maris Berzins, vice president of product engineering at Agilysys. "The latest version of our InfoGenesis system will enable hotels, restaurants and other hospitality venues to offer guests the convenience of contactless payment and provide a quality experience in a variety of settings."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews