ON THE WEB
- American Express Spending More to Attract Cardholders, CEO Says - Bloomberg - "AmEx said last month that marketing and promotion expenses increased 19 percent in the first quarter from a year earlier."
- Consensus 2016 Panelists Debate Blockchain's Business Impact - CoinDesk - "Digital currency was the first application of blockchain technology – so it only makes sense that banks were among the first institutions to look into other applications."
ON THE WIRES
- Deloitte Continues Growing Major Blockchain Initiative, Teaming With Five Technology Companies and Announcing 20 Prototypes in Development - "Blockchain is proving to be a major disruptive force in financial services," said Joe Guastella, a principal with Deloitte Consulting LLP, and U.S. and global leader of the financial services practice. "The industry prototypes and pilots have shown this, and we continue to focus on helping our clients to make blockchain a reality for their businesses."
- Zooz Closes $24m Investment Round - "We would like to thank our investors for supporting our vision for innovation in the payments sector," said Oren Levy, CEO of Zooz. "Retailers now understand the need for smart payment platforms that can help them expand into new markets quickly and cost-effectively, and that is where we excel."
- RBC makes sending money simple, instant and now free - “Offering free e-Transfers supports our commitment to helping our clients seamlessly and quickly send money how they want and when they want,” said Linda Mantia, executive vice-president, Digital, Payments and Cards at RBC. “As clients embrace new technologies and increase their use of mobile we are always looking for ways to provide them with added value and convenience."
- Bank of America Survey Finds Small Business Owners’ Confidence Down While Election-Year Anxiety Rises - “Our survey suggests that uncertainty over the upcoming elections is making small business owners less optimistic about their businesses and the economy than in recent years,” said Robb Hilson, Small Business executive, Bank of America. “As a result, they’re taking a wait-and-see approach before making major investments in the growth of their businesses."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!