On the Web:
- New POS Security from Old System Topology - PaymentsViews.com (George Peabody) - "Returning all the payment logic to the POS terminal is another step forward, benefiting the ISV, its merchant customers, and the payment ecosystem itself."
- State of the Industry 2014: Mobile Financial Services for the Unbanked - GSMA - "Each year, MMU’s State of the Industry report contains key findings and insights on the growth of the industry, including for mobile money, mobile insurance, mobile credit and mobile savings."
- The Bancorp finds commercial lending exit, prepaid focus challenging - "The Bancorp Inc. is shifting its focus to specialty lending and prepaid card businesses, but the process has been slow, in part due to regulatory challenges."
- The Crypto-Technology and Bitcoin Landscape - Startup Management - "I spent the last month combing and classifying through the crypto-technology market, and what started like a 3-day spreadsheet project with an expectation of reaching 100 companies, mushroomed into a large publishable database of 425 companies, spread across 64 sub-categories."
- Wearables: The Next Mobile Payment Device? - "Overall, more than four in 10 respondents said they would make in-store payments via wearables."
- Qualcomm’s fingerprint scanner is the only thing most consumers will appreciate from MWC - PandoDaily - "The new scanner uses “ultrasonic sound technology” to look at a fingerprint in 3D instead of relying on a two-dimensional representation of the appendage’s bumps and ridges."
- Line Expands Mobile Payment Service - Wall St. Journal - "Line said the alliance with CyberSource, whose payment management and security services are used by over 400,000 businesses worldwide, is aimed at accelerating Line Pay’s growth outside Japan, but declined to share details of their planned cooperation."
On the Wires:
- Visa, Pizza Hut and Accenture Develop Connected Car Commerce Experience - “By 2020 it is estimated that more than 250 million vehicles worldwide will include some form of embedded connectivity1,” says Bill Gajda, senior vice president of Innovation and Strategic Partnerships, Visa Inc. “As the number of connected cars on the road increases, so does our ability to bring secure online commerce to consumers everywhere. We initially focused on a specific use case – ordering a meal on your way home – but we envision a world where consumers can seamlessly make many of their everyday purchases from the car.”
- MasterCard and eTranzact Make it Easier for Millions of Nigerians to Receive Remittances - “For millions of Nigerians, the receipt of funds from friends and family is an important lifeline. HomeSend provides senders across the globe and the recipients in Nigeria with a convenient, safe, and cost effective money transfer channel,” says Omokehinde Ojomuyide, Vice President and Area Business Head for West Africa, MasterCard.
- Elavon's Simplify Application Makes Payment Security for Mid-to-Large Size Businesses Simple - "Simplify is a software application that resides within a payment terminal that is integrated with a customer’s current POS or Property Management System (PMS). The application uses a layered approach to security that combines encryption, tokenization and EMV to mitigate vulnerabilities while cardholder data is in-transit, in-use and at-rest."
- Stratos Launches First-To-Market Connected Payment Card, Shipping April 2015 - “Stratos exists to empower consumers to make smarter, more secure payment decisions – all with the benefit of consolidating the cards in their wallets,” said Thiago Olson, Co-Founder and CEO of Stratos. “Replacing the dumb plastic we carry every day, Stratos Card is connected hardware designed to improve how we pay with more security, better decisions and ease of use. Stratos is reinventing your wallet and cards just like the iPod and iTunes reinvented your CD collection.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews