On the Web:
- MasterCard Holds Investment Community Meeting - Yesterday, MasterCard held it annual investment community meeting. Slides from the presentation are available for download.
On the Wires:
- Sam’s Club Locations to Accept American Express Cards - Tracey Brown, chief member officer at Sam’s Club, said: “We strive to give more value to our members – more savings, great experiences and quality merchandise. Everything we do ties back to how we can better serve our members. The acceptance of the American Express Card underscores our commitment to bring greater ease and flexibility to our members’ shopping experience. American Express – known for their exceptional customer service, loyal, higher-spending Card Members and advocacy of small businesses - will help to extend the value of membership.”
- One of Every Four Debit Cards to be Converted to Chip by End of 2015 - "Based on these plans, 25 percent of U.S. debit cards – approximately 71 million cards – will be migrated to chip by the end of 2015. The percentage is expected to rise to 73 percent by the end of 2016 and 96 percent by the end of 2017."
- Feedzai Partners with Socure, Offering Joint Fraud Prevention Solution for Financial Institutions - "With the Socure partnership, online and social data becomes another source of data that Feedzai's software uses to detect fraud and minimize risks. Additional data sources used by Feedzai include session clickstream, access frequency, and malware signatures, among others."
- Federal Reserve System Appoints Payments Security Strategy Leader - "The Federal Reserve System on Thursday announced the appointment of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Senior Vice President Todd Aadland as its Payments Security Strategy Leader. In this role, Aadland will lead the System's activities to address fraud risk and advance the safety, security and resiliency of the payment system."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!