On the web:
- Why I Invested in Bitcoin - Bloomberg - "There is no central server, no central authority and no owner. Bitcoin can be slowed but not shuttered."
- Google adds in-app payments to the latest Chrome build as it prepares to bundle Google Wallet in its browser
- Anonymous Payment Schemes Thriving on Web - New York Times - "The real concern, security experts say, are private payment services that claim to do due diligence, but do not do even the most basic verification."
- Feds Wrongly Demonize Privacy in Liberty Reserve Case - American Banker (Marc Hochstein) - "I've previously argued that some payments should remain anonymous after physical cash fades away..."
- Is the Government Trying to Kill Digital Currency? - American Banker - "Government officials insist they are not trying to curtail the growth of digital currency."
- Digital currency for the general public - Tomorrow's Transactions - "It seems to me that as the currency iceberg slips under the waves of the cyber-sea, we’re going to see a new world of choice between currencies that embody different values, and that's a good thing."
- Disney gets into wearable tech with the MagicBand - The Next Web - "Disney is introducing a new MagicBand device that ties into a new service that allows theme park visitors to make purchases and reserve experiences."
- Banks’ existing relationships give an advantage in mobile payments - Ovum -
- Will Amazon Become Universal Login for Ecommerce? - eCommerce Bytes - "…it may give shoppers confidence that a merchant using Amazon credentials is more trusted…"
- Overstock and Newegg win an e-commerce patent ruling - Internet Retailer
On the wires:
- CaixaBank, Santander and Telefónica to create first joint venture between banks and telecom operators in Europe to develop new digital businesses - CaixaBank - "This is the first alliance in Europe between financial institutions and telecom operators to innovate jointly in the creation of new digital services."
- CardSpring Partners with VeriFone to Increase Availability of Card-Linked Services - "Through this partnership, retailers and third-party developers will be able to leverage VeriFone’s industry-leading open payment platform to create a new generation of applications that bring the power and accountability of digital commerce tools to hundreds of millions of retail shoppers."
- Discover’s PULSE Network Selected as JCB’s Preferred Choice for Global ATM Transactions - "This expansion strengthens our already successful relationship by offering JCB cardmembers the ability to access cash at PULSE U.S. ATMs."
- TSYS Signs Payments Agreement with KeyBank - "As we move aggressively toward expanding our presence in the consumer credit card market, we need a partner who can provide us with strong card industry insight, flexibility and speed-to-market..."
- Cardlytics Granted First Patent - "This patent cements our position as the true creator of this industry. ..."