ON THE WEB
- The Death of Bank Products has been greatly under-exaggerated - Brett King - "When it comes to customer behavior, however, the greatest challenges for banking are yet to come and they aren’t channel-based, they’re product-based."
- In the Apple Case, a Debate Over Data Hits Home - New York Times - "In surveys, Americans are deeply divided about the legal struggle between the government and one of the nation’s most iconic companies. The polls show that Americans remain anxious about both the threat of terrorist attacks and the possible theft of personal digital information."
- For Millennials, Cash Is Still King - eMarketer - "Even with digital peer-to-peer (P2P) methods like PayPal and Venmo available, millennials prefer getting paid back in cash..."
ON THE WIRES
- Prosper Marketplace and HomeAdvisor Partner to Bring Home Improvement Financing to Millions - “Prosper offers people the opportunity to borrow money at rates that are typically lower than credit cards – it’s a smart financing option that can help homeowners improve their property while staying in financial control.”
- Blackhawk Network Appoints Anil D. Aggarwal to Board of Directors - "Anil is an early pioneer in financial technology and payments innovation," said Talbott Roche, Blackhawk Network president and chief executive officer. "His proven experience as a startup tech entrepreneur, venture capital investor, executive at Google and as an industry-builder with Money20/20 and Shoptalk enable him to bring valuable industry and business insights to Blackhawk's board of directors."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!