On the web:
- PayPal Veterans Share State Licensing War Stories - "It has a funny ending, but it's not a funny story..."
- Maybe it’s time for son of EMV - Tomorrow's Transactions Blog - "Now that EMV has made the hop across the pond, should retailers skip it?"
- Wells gets an A+: New Amex Partnership - FinVentures (Tom Noyes) - "WFC is brilliant here."
- Consumers Find Investors Eager to Make 'Peer-to-Peer' Loans - Wall St. Journal - "Prosper and Lending Club together originated about $871 million in loans last year..."
- MasterCard CEO: NFC should be seen as “a longer term effort” - "Just think of the ecosystem and the infrastructure that needs to be built for any of these to happen..."
- Discover’s Pulse offers new payment channel to consumers via mPOS - "Discover’s ATM network Pulse is launching a QR-based mobile wallet to improve payment efficiency and enhance transaction experiences for consumers."
- Could mobile payment Lemon Network be fruitful for bitcoin? - "The Lemon Wallet – and therefore the Lemon Network – doesn’t support bitcoin right now, but Casares says that he wants to support it soon."
- 3dcart Partners with BitPay to Offer 16,000+ Merchants the Option to Complete Online Transactions Using Bitcoins - "Bitcoins are quickly becoming a popular form of payment online and BitPay simplifies it for internet retailers that want to offer it as a payment alternative..."
- Coinbase implements zero-fee microtransactions off the block chain - "These transactions will be free for users, and once a user has accumulated 0.01 BTC they can withdraw funds..."
- U.S. judge says SEC can pursue Bitcoin-related lawsuit - "U.S. Magistrate Judge Amos L. Mazzant in the Eastern District of Texas ruled on Tuesday that his Bitcoin investments "meet the definition of investment contract, and as such, are securities."
On the wires:
- Former FinCEN Director Freis to Address the Virtual Currencies Community - "This meeting will be chaired by Ms. Constance Choi, General Counsel of Payward, Inc., one of the more than seventeen companies that have formed the Digital Asset Transfer Authority (DATA), a new self-regulatory effort..."
- Meracord Announces the Ability to Appoint Agents - "Meracord, a proponent of payment innovation and compliance, seeks to limit the barriers to entry that obtaining money transmitter licenses represent."
- Blackbaud MobilePay Makes it Easy for Nonprofits to Accept Mobile Payments On The Go - "Blackbaud MobilePay is now available in the Apple® App Store and the Android® Play Store to nonprofits in the United States using Blackbaud Merchant Services."
- Exatouch Retail POS Software System Now with TSYS Payment Processing - "With no merchant processing revenue sharing, Exatouch uniquely enables MSPs to realize the full potential of their business model..."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Be sure to take our new Payments and Bitcoin survey asking what you think about Bitcoin in particular and math-based currencies in general!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews