On the Web:
- To Grow Merchant Customers, iZettle Slashes The Cost Of Its Card Readers To Zero - TechCrunch - “We’re really taking away the final hurdle of taking card payments,” he says. “This is a calculated risk, but we’ve spent the last couple of years figuring out the business model and how we can make it happen.”
On the Wires:
- Mobeewave Closes $6.5 Million Series A Round to Bring Disruptive NFC Mobile Terminalization to the Payment World - "Mobeewave is the world's first and only provider of dongle-free NFC mobile payment terminal solutions enabling payment acceptance on smart devices. The Montreal-based company turns any NFC-enabled phone (or other smart device) into a secure contactless payment terminal (mobile POS) to receive payments from ApplePay, contactless cards or any NFC wallets without the use of any additional hardware."
- ProPay® Adds Visa Checkout - “ProPay is pleased to offer Visa Checkout as one of its many checkout options," said Ryan Oakes, chief operating officer of ProPay. “With the addition of Visa Checkout, ProPay enables merchants with more than ten ways to accept payments so they may conduct transactions anytime, anywhere, in-person, online, and offline in a secure manner.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews