On the web:
- PayPal president David Marcus: Bitcoin is good, NFC is bad - CNet - "They think because it's called cryptocurrency it's a currency. I don't think it is a currency. It's a store of value, a distributed ledger."
- Flint mobile billing app adds invoicing, Passbook coupon support, and card scans via camera - 9 to 5 Mac - "The app also introduces support for Passbook coupons. Merchants can create their own coupons and issue them to customers as Passbook passes."
- Should retailers be paying attention to Coin? - Mobile Commerce Daily - “The whole mobile wallet question is interesting — it’s sort of a solution looking for a problem, while Coin seems to be the solution to a problem,” she said.
- Citrus Payment ropes in econtext Asia, Beenos Asia to raise Rs 33.9 crore for expansion plans - Economic Times - "Mumbai-based mobile payment solutions company, Citrus Payment Solutions, has raised $5.5 million ( Rs 33.9 crore) in its series B round of equity funding..."
- The Benefits of Real Time Payments - Bank Systems & Technology - "In banks meeting customer demands for the immediate transfer of funds from one account to another, with certainty, convenience and at a low cost, immediate payments are an enabler of new modes of commerce with great benefits to the banking industry and society as a whole."
On the wires:
- MasterCard’s Board of Directors Announces Capital Actions - “Today’s actions reflect our ongoing commitment to deliver shareholder value as well as our confidence in the long-term growth and financial performance of our Company,” said Ajay Banga, president and chief executive officer, MasterCard.
- Evolve MoneyTM Offers Consumers More Choices For Paying Bills With The Addition Of Debit And Prepaid Card Payment Options - "Launched this summer by PreCash, Evolve Money is gaining traction as a fast, affordable and secure way to pay bills from one place and is an alternative to bank bill payment services."
- Wells Fargo Expands Commercial Banking in Capital Region - "Leading the Capital East RCBO is David Straut, regional vice president, a 30-year banking veteran with deep roots at Wells Fargo."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- FEEDBACK: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - here's my email: email@example.com. Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews