ON THE WEB
- Stripe Atlas Aims to Ease the Way for Foreign Entrepreneurs - New York Times - "It aims to make it easier for entrepreneurs to set up small businesses in the United States. If all goes according to Stripe’s plan, Atlas could let start-up founders sidestep some of the bureaucratic hurdles that often hamper building a new business."
- What Distinguishes Poynt's Bold Payments Proposition- Fortune - "Already, he says, Poynt has taken preorders on 500,000 units, an enviable start. The competition will be massive, however..."s
- MasterCard’s Machine-Learning Network Thwarts ATM Attacks - "The Safety Net system, rolled out globally late last year, analyzes more than 1.3 billion transactions per day involving MasterCard debit and credit accounts at banks, merchants and ATMs..."
- The Inside Story Of How Apple Adopted Tokens, With A Little Help From MasterCard - Applause - “In some of the conversations we had with Apple, they basically said that what we want to do is be able to take a leadership position on security. ‘We’d [Apple] like to find some way of not using the real card number.’"
- PwC Director: Blockchain Impact Could Create Winners and Losers - CoinDesk - "The PwC Blockchain Solution Portfolio, a suite of 12 services aimed at spanning the cycle of analysis ongoing at major financial firms, features elements focused on education, evaluation and, ultimately, fostering collaboration between PwC clients and industry partners."
ON THE WIRES
- Moneris the First North American Processor to Be Able to Self-Certify EMV Solutions for Five Major Card Brands - "With this authorization, Moneris is the only processor in North America with the ability to perform self-certification for merchants on behalf of American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Union Pay."
- i2c and TIS Form Strategic Partnership to Bring Innovative Payment Solutions to Japan and Other Key Asian Markets - "TIS is a leading payments solution provider with a long track record of working with banks and issuers and a deep understanding of trends in Japanese and other Asian markets. The partnership gives TIS greater flexibility to work with banks and card issuers to deliver customized solutions that can scale up and down to meet the requirements of different markets."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
- Glenbrook’s Carol Coye Benson will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona THIS WEEK. Let her know if you are also there!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!