On the Web:
- Macy's to Roll Out Beacon Technology in All Stores This Fall - BostInno - "The department store company is expanding its partnership with shopkick, the Silicon Valley-based shopping app founded in 2009, and by the end of September, 4,000 Macy's stores nationwide will have incorporated the shopBeacon technology."
- Discussion Paper Released: Consumer Use of Fraud Alerts and Credit Freezes: An Empirical Analysis - "Consumers who file extended alerts are more likely to be actual victims of identity theft. We find that consumers are heterogeneous in their choice of alerts and that their choices are correlated with important characteristics found in their credit bureau files."
- Introducing Toshi - An Open Source Bitcoin Node For Developers - Coinable Blog - "Toshi is a full Bitcoin node, that is 100% compatible with Bitcoin Core and makes it easy to build web applications."
On the Wires:
- The CEO Of Visa And The CFO Of Kraft Are Joining Microsoft's Board - Business Insider - "The new board members are Teri List-Stoll, executive VP and CFO of Kraft Foods Group, and Charles W. Scharf, CEO of Visa."
- Odyssey Merchant Services Offers Clover™ Station, an Innovative Point-of-Sale System That Helps Business Owners Better Manage Merchant Accounts - “We’re excited to offer this level of POS customization to our clients,” stated Ted Keith, President & CEO of Odyssey Merchant Services. “With Clover™ Station, our business clients can now customize their POS system to meet their specific business needs. This means our clients can run their business more efficiently and effectively with greater ease,” added Keith.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join Elizabeth McQueery and Manfred Schuck for Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop - Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421. I continue to strive for having PaymentsNews be your secret weapon!
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews