On the Web:
- How Apple Creates Leverage, and the Future of Apple Pay - Stratechery - "In short, Apple could very well soon have an offer that might be too good for the vast majority of retailers to refuse: get the lift that comes with seamless transactions, plus a reduction in credit card fees, along with the seamless inclusion of pre-existing loyalty programs."
- Why Some Merchants Say No to Apple Pay - Wall St. Journal - "Industry observers say the reluctance of some merchants to embrace Apple Pay all comes down to one thing: fees."
- Why CVS Needs Apple Pay (It's The UI, Stupid) - Fast Company Design - "Over the past several weeks experimenting with Apple Pay, what I've most enjoyed about the system is that it lets me bypass the unnecessary clicks of painfully slow VeriFone terminals."
- Braintree Now Lets Merchants In Europe Sign Up With An Email, A URL And A Blurb - TechCrunch - "Braintree’s instant payments sign-up follows on from a number of other products launched by the company that have looked to disrupt the payments hegemony by creating simple technical innovations."
- U.S. Bank Partners with Viewpost to Provide Small Business Owners with Fast and Secure Electronic Invoices and Payments - "U.S. Bank has made this solution available to all 1.3 million existing small business customers. The Viewpost network is free to join, and enables any size company to securely connect with any trading partner to send, receive and manage electronic invoices and payments."
On the Wires:
- Global Payments and Planet Payment Announce A Dynamic Currency Conversion Hospitality Solution in Canada - "This solution coupled with HomeCurrencyPay, is a win-win for our restaurant and hospitality merchants,” said René Bélanger, President of Global Payments Canada. “We look forward to continuing to work with Planet Payment to expand this comprehensive product offering to other merchants in Canada.”
- Harland Clarke Releases 2014 Report on State of EMV Preparedness - "Harland Clarke surveyed 750 financial institutions of various asset sizes and annual card volumes in May 2014 for the report. The survey follows up on a similar survey conducted last year and provides a view of the progress and changes made by financial institutions since that time."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews