On the Web:
- Payments on Fire Podcast #15 – Small Business Banking grown from Seed - PaymentsViews.com (George Peabody) - "Listen to this conversation between Glenbrook’s George Peabody and Seed CEO Brian Merritt. While very early in the company’s development, Brian’s description of the company’s “API first” approach banking makes clear what’s possible when legacy technology and processes are in the rearview mirror."
On the Wires:
- U.S. Bank Becomes Member of clearXchange to Bring Customers Faster, More Secure Digital Payments - “U.S. Bank is committed to bringing customers the most convenient and secure payment options available in the marketplace,” said Gareth Gaston, executive vice president of omnichannel banking at U.S. Bank. “Digital person-to-person payments are far more convenient than writing a check or having enough cash on hand to pay the babysitter or split a rent payment. By joining with clearXchange, U.S. Bank customers have a better way to make those payments quickly, easily and safely. We also have the opportunity to explore other ways this payment exchange network could come to light through our unified, omnichannel approach to customer service.”
- Rakuten to Accept Bitcoin on Global Marketplaces - Rakuten’s mission is to empower the world through the Internet,” commented Yaz Iida, President of Rakuten USA. “Not only can bitcoin support this vision by helping our merchants better compete globally, but it also has the potential to benefit society by enhancing the security, privacy, and convenience of financial transactions. This is one of the reasons why we invested in Bitnet last year and we look forward to working with them on our US marketplace."
- Digital River Provides Global Online Payments Solutions for peerTransfer - “peerTransfer is delighted to add Digital River to our suite of existing payment providers,” explained Mike Massaro, peerTransfer’s chief executive officer. “Digital River allows us to lower transactional costs in key regions and countries while enabling us to increase the number of currencies in which we settle."
- Betty DeVita Appointed Chief Commercial Officer, MasterCard Labs - "In this role Betty will be responsible for developing and managing strategic partnerships focused on commercializing existing and future pipeline MasterCard Labs assets."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews