On the Web:
- Stolen Consumer Data Is a Smaller Problem Than It Seems - New York Times - "The banks, though, have managed to curtail their costs as they have devised new methods to detect fraudulent purchases. The most prevalent strategy involves looking for patterns in card purchases..."
- How do you achieve a cashless society? Start hoarding - Guardian (Geoff Dyer) - "You hoard things which will be useful even when cash has become worthless."
- Deutsche Bank Letter Touts 'Expertise' in Blockchain Tech - CoinDesk - "Deutsche Bank is exploring the use of the blockchain for a variety of potential applications, according to a recent letter from the German megabank."
- Banking for Pot Industry Hits a Roadblock - New York Times - "The credit union, which has the backing of Colorado’s governor, fired back on Thursday night by filing a lawsuit in federal court in Denver against the Fed, demanding “equal access” to the financial system."
On the Wires:
- Visa Inc. Appoints Eduardo Coello to Leadership Role for the Latin America and Caribbean Region - “I couldn’t be more pleased to see Eduardo Coello continue to lead Visa’s growth for LAC,” said Eduardo Eraña, current Group Executive for Visa Inc. LAC. “With his deep knowledge of the region, strong client relationships, proven industry expertise, and passion for innovation, he is the right leader to grow the business and further extend Visa’s leadership position.”
- Heartland Introduces Heartland Out-of-Scope Solution for pcAmerica’s POS Merchants - "The Heartland Secure out-of-scope solution streamlines the POS provider’s path to Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) acceptance by taking the POS system completely out of the payment authorization process, which means no cardholder data is ever sent to the POS system."
- Springboard Retail and Heartland Partner to Deliver Integrated Retail Solutions for Small Businesses - “Springboard Retail, designed by retailers, helps retailers drive sales, improve efficiency, and lower operating costs to be competitive in today's omni-channel retail world,” says Springboard Retail co-founder and CEO, Gordon Russell. “Springboard's simple and transparent pricing aligns well with Heartland's approach and Springboard Retail is pleased to endorse the Merchant Bill of Rights. By partnering with Heartland, Springboard Retail furthers our mission of helping our retailers grow and prosper now and into the future.”
- Discover Card Offers a Good Grades Reward Program - "New student cardmembers who apply after July 23, 2015 will be rewarded with $20 in Cashback Bonus® if their grade point average is 3.0 (or equivalent) or higher each year they are enrolled in school, for the first five years from the account opening."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!