On the Web:
- Isis progress: 2/3 of users have inputted card info, make 6-7 transactions per month - Fierce Wireless - "The usage that we're seeing from some of our partners is very encouraging for them and very encouraging for us," said Jaymee Johnson, Isis' head of marketing.
- A Digital Wallet That Works Almost Everywhere - Re/code.net (Walt Mossberg) - "Overall, it worked 14 out of 17 times in my tests, and at 10 of 13 establishments where I tried it. And it usually worked instantly, on the first try..."
- Thieves Jam Up Smucker’s, Card Processor - Krebs on Security - "Closer examination of the attack suggests that the company was but one of several dozen firms — including at least one credit card processor — hacked last year..."
- The Non-Expert’s Guide to the Mt. Gox Fiasco - CoinDesk - "At the very least, the incident illustrates a formidable lack of attention to detail and a fundamental ignorance of the basic principles of accounting..."
- Bitcoin bank Flexcoin closes after hack attack - Guardian - "A bitcoin bank has been forced to close after hackers stole 896 bitcoin, worth £365,000..."
On the Wires:
- Carta Worldwide Delivers Host Card Emulation for NFC Mobile Payments with Banco Sabadell - "The most notable feature of this pilot is how easy it is for users to add their credit cards to their phone without having to manipulate any physical secure element or rely on 3rd party service providers."Í
- Fiserv Survey Shows Billers Challenged to Keep Pace with Consumer Demand as Billing and Payment Preference Shifts to Mobile - "The survey found 64 percent of billers do not track or do not know if their company tracks whether homepage visits are coming from a mobile device or traditional laptops and PCs."
- PCI Security Standards Council To Launch New eLearning Courses To Help Companies Safeguard Payment Data - "These courses, developed in response to increased commercial interest in security awareness training, are the latest additions to the Council's pro-active program of training and education."
- MasterCard Enters Seven New Markets in Africa - "Today MasterCard announced that the company now operates in 48 of Africa’s 55 markets, thanks to expansion into seven new markets across Central and West Africa - Chad, Central African Republic, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda and The Gambia."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York; May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews