On the Web:
- Square Cash Integrates Touch ID To Send Money Using Your Fingerprint - TechCrunch - "...users can now authenticate money transfers using the Touch ID feature in later versions of the iPhone (5S and up), and pay no fees when sending that cash. The feature is now live in the latest update to the app."
- Making Payments Easier for Creators and Backers - KickStarter Blog - "Today we’re excited to announce a seemingly small change that will actually make it a lot easier to use Kickstarter: We’re partnering with Stripe to seamlessly collect and process payments for all projects on Kickstarter."
- Chip & PIN for Americans: Too Difficult, Or Too Costly? - AFP Blog - “Quite simply, issuing banks are unwilling to update systems to include PIN authentication, because doing so would cost them money,” Dodge said.
- Capital One's Well-Designed "Suspicious Activity" Email Alert - NetBanker - "This is the best suspicious activity notice I've ever received."
- Coin Center takes off: Who we are and what we do - "Coin Center is an educational and research institution focused on the public policy issues facing cryptocurrency technologies. Think of us as a think thank for blockchain technology."
- Amazon’s challenge to PayPal in mobile-enabled online payments gains steam - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Amazon saw more than 25 percent of Login and Pay with Amazon payments come from mobile devices in 2014..."
On the Wires:
- LoopPay" Expands OEM Partnerships at CES 2015 - "The two new OEM partners announced at CES include XPAL Power (subsidiary of TennRich International - who manufactures products for companies like Mophie and Belkin), and Trident Case®, a leading ruggedized phone case manufacturer, with many other partners in the pipeline. LoopPay is also working with chipmakers to embed LoopPay’s technology and security into silicon, making it easier for future OEM partners to incorporate LoopPay into their devices."
- Green Dot Promotes Chief Technology Officer Kuan Archer to Chief Operating Officer - "In his role as COO, Kuan will continue to lead all of product development and Information Technology and will assume oversight of vendor management and procurement, business continuity, human resources, supply chain and retail execution. He will report directly to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Steve Streit."
- Bluefin Payment Systems Introduces PCI-Validated Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) Solution for Mobile Payments“In this age of cyber-attacks and security breaches, a secure mobile payment solution is absolutely mandatory. Protecting cardholder data, guarding against fraud and, concurrently, reducing merchant and issuer liability requires a multi-faceted approach to securing card information and customer data,” said Ruston Miles, Chief Innovation Officer, Bluefin Payment Systems.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews