On the Web:
- Wells Fargo calls Bitcoin summit on ‘rules of engagement’ - FT - "The bank, the largest in the US by market value, has emerged as one major financial institution interested in dealing with a potential new Bitcoin economy."
- EMV Chip Cards Don’t Provide Data-Breach Immunity, Security Execs Warn - Digital Transactions - "...security and merchant-acquiring executives caution that EMV cards and compatible point-of-sale terminals alone would not have prevented a Target-style breach."
- Where’s Bitcoin Going in 2014, and Beyond? - Wall St. Journal MoneyBeat - "Boring may not seem like much of a goal, but it is for a currency, especially a new, radical, alternative, currently exciting one like bitcoin."
- Our 10 Boldest Predictions For The Digital Payments Industry In 2014 - Business Insider - "8. The mobile wallet is going to be dramatically reconceived."
- Eyeing An IPO, E-commerce Software Company Volusion Raises $35M To Take On Shopify - TechCrunch - "Volusion, a company that allows merchants to create an end to end e-commerce store online, has raised $35 million in debt financing from Silicon Valley Bank."
On the Wires:
- i2c Provides Prepaid Processing Services to CardFlex Japan - "i2c will serve as prepaid processor, CardFlex Japan as program manager and Shinsei Bank, working closely with its holding company APLUS Co., Ltd., as BIN sponsor for the program."
- JPMorgan Chase Reports Fourth-Quarter 2013 Net Income of $5.3 Billion, or $1.30 Per Share, on Revenue1 of $24.1 Billion - Dimon concluded: "I am proud of this Company, our employees and what we do every day to serve our clients, customers and communities. We are increasingly optimistic about the future of the U.S. economy and will continue to do our part to support growth, economic development and the creation of new jobs around the world."
- Wells Fargo Reports Record Full Year and Quarterly Net Income - “Wells Fargo had another outstanding year in 2013, including strong growth in loans and deposits, and double-digit growth in earnings,” said Chairman and CEO John Stumpf.
- Paychex Launches New Suite of Payment Processing Services - "Paychex – in partnership with Elavon – today announced the introduction of Paychex Payment Processing Services, a full suite of payment processing solutions, including credit and debit card processing, mobile and online payment services, and point-of-sale (POS) solutions"
- AT&T And Vantiv® Announce New Mobile Payments Solutions For Businesses Of All Sizes - "AT&T's sales force and its retail locations create a powerful new distribution channel for Vantiv's mobile products to reach the millions of businesses who need this important functionality."
- Brink’s and 2Checkout Partner to Launch Brink’s Checkout - "The collaboration uses the technology that 2Checkout has spent the last 15 years honing while Brink’s will market and connect a new network of digital sellers to a platform devoted to security and global access."
- Demand for Secure Business Payments Rises, Fueling Record Growth for MineralTree - "By simply using the solution to make payments from their business accounts, MineralTree guarantees payments against online account takeover and fraud."
- Reimagining the Retail Loyalty Landscape, GE Capital’s Retail Finance Business Brings New Integrated Loyalty Solution to Market - "Powered by Kobie’s Alchemy® technology platform, the IMTL solution delivers a unified credit and loyalty experience to engage the digitally adoptive and mobile-enabled Millennials, as well as traditional credit loyalty card shoppers."
- ACI Worldwide Unveils Payment Device Vendor Support for Its Point to Point Encryption Solutions - "ACI Worldwide ... today announced that major payment device vendors including VeriFone, Ingenico and Equinox support its Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) solutions."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: [email protected] or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: [email protected].
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews