ON THE WEB
- Stripe en France - "Today, we’re happy to remove the beta label and to make Stripe available to tout le monde in France."
- Amazon Plans $3 Billion Investment in India - Wall St. Journal - "The announcement brings Amazon’s total planned investment in India to $5 billion, since it announced a $2 billion infusion in 2014."
- CurrentC beta test ending on June 28; further efforts postponed - iMore.com - "CurrentC, the Apple Pay competitor put forth by the MCX consortium, will soon end its beta test. Accounts will be closed on June 28, and all upcoming releases of CurrentC will be postponed indefinitely."
- Here is the future of Apple Pay - ComputerWorld - "Apple’s Apple Pay plans reach far beyond what we know today. Apple will expand in multiple directions as it attempts to boost adoption of its service."
- The Indian start-up that may sideswipe Apple Pay - CNBC - "While most competitors (including Apple) operate on the consumer side, he said Ezetap is single-minded. "Our job is to help bring merchants into the mobile internet world." "
ON THE WIRES
- Singapore Payments Companies Selected for Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator - "“Regularly collaborating with startups on a wide range of technologies through the Startup Accelerator helps Wells Fargo explore big ideas outside our walls and industry for our customers’ benefit,” says Steve Ellis, head of Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group, which serves as the catalyst for transformational change across Wells Fargo. “We’re excited to invest in Alpha Payments Cloud and Jewel Paymentech through our Startup Accelerator."
- NRF Says Overturning Dodd-Frank Would Reinstitute Price Fixing by Card Companies - “Protecting bank profit margins at the expense of competition is not sound public policy and it will harm merchants and consumers. The financial services industry attempted to get Congress to reject transparency and competition in 2010 and again in 2011. Both efforts failed. On behalf of retailers and their customers, NRF will fight for free and open markets.”
- More Americans Turning to Payroll Cards – Here’s Why - “Not only do employers save money by cutting the administrative costs associated with distributing paper checks, but employees also save time and money by promptly receiving their wages on pay day and avoiding check cashing fees."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!