ON THE WEB
- Amazon Echo users can now ask Alexa to pay their credit card - "Capital One announced Friday that it is the first bank to partner with Amazon to let customers review their finances through Alexa-enabled devices, including the Amazon Echo, Amazon Tap, Echo Dot and Fire TV."
- First Click: A month with Apple Watch as my wallet - The Verge - "I've been using my Apple Watch for the majority of my card payments over the past few months, and it has been a lesson in the future, frustration, society, and technology."
- Crime Scene: Who Stole $100 Million From Bangladesh’s Account at the New York Fed? - Wall St. Journal - "Someone using official codes stole $100 million from Bangladesh’s account at the New York Fed over a recent weekend."
- Blockchain Consortium R3 Opens New Round of Partnerships - CoinDesk - "Cooper said that there is currently no quota set on the number of new partners, but that the emphasis for R3 is on adding non-bank members."
ON THE WIRES
- Payoneer Acquires Armor Payments To Provide Businesses Worldwide With Secure, Seamless & Cost-Effective Escrow Services For Cross-Border Trade - "By acquiring Armor Payments, we are staying true to our vision of empowering global commerce by connecting businesses, professionals, countries and currencies. Our combined capabilities create a unique global platform that enables more businesses to grow faster by allowing them to securely trade across borders with more partners in more places, regardless of where they are in the world."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!