On the Web:
On the Wires:
- Apple Announces Apple Pay - “Security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay. When you’re using Apple Pay in a store, restaurant or other merchant, cashiers will no longer see your name, credit card number or security code, helping to reduce the potential for fraud,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services.
- Apple Announces iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus—The Biggest Advancements in iPhone History - "For the first time iPhone is available in two new sizes: iPhone 6 features a stunning 4.7-inch Retina® HD display with 1334 x 750 resolution, providing 38 percent more viewing area than iPhone 5s, while iPhone 6 Plus features an even bigger 5.5-inch Retina HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, providing 88 percent more viewing area and nearly three times the pixels than iPhone 5s."
- MasterCard Works with Apple to Integrate Apple Pay - “We have been a pioneer of mobile commerce innovation for years – including the world’s first contactless and mobile payment solutions. We're thrilled that MasterCard cardholders will soon be able to make payments from their iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch, knowing that every purchase is secure and offers all the same guarantees and benefits they've come to expect from using their MasterCard.”
- Visa and Apple Opening a New Era of Payments on Mobile Devices - “Combining the trust, scale and security of Visa payments with Apple Pay will accelerate adoption of mobile payments,” said Charlie Scharf, Chief Executive Officer, Visa Inc. “We said from the beginning that token services would provide great new consumer and merchant experiences, and you’re seeing it today in our efforts with Apple, and there’s more to come.”
- Capital One Brings Payment Innovation to Customers with Apple Pay - “Working with Apple, we’re excited to bring Apple Pay to tens of millions of Capital One customers,” said Frank LaPrade, Chief Enterprise Services Officer, Capital One Financial Corporation. “We are laser-focused on the evolution of digital products and services. Our goal is to provide our customers with payment options that help them succeed and simplify their lives.”
- U.S. Bank Provides Customers an Easy Way to Pay with Apple Pay - “Having been a part of a group of industry leaders paving the way to more convenient and secure mobile and online payments, it’s clear that Apple Pay is a tremendous step forward,” said Pamela Joseph, vice chair and head of the payments division at U.S. Bank. “Consumers are never far from their mobile devices, so making it safer and easier to pay with those devices is great news for our customers and for the industry. Combining Apple’s history of innovation with the scale and loyalty of U.S. Bank, Apple Pay has the ability to impact and drastically accelerate the adoption of mobile payments."
- Visa Launches Innovative Token Service - "Visa Token Service replaces sensitive payment account information found on plastic cards with a digital account number or “token”. Because “tokens” do not carry a consumer’s payment account details, such as the 16-digit account number, they can be safely stored by online merchants or on mobile devices to facilitate ecommerce and mobile payments."
- NCR to Help Industries Integrate Apple Pay - “With Apple Pay, Apple has transformed mobile payments and will have an impact on the industry like never before. We are thrilled to be working closely with Apple to help Retail and Hospitality customers integrate this new method of payment into their operations, providing an easy, safe and secure way to pay with a single touch,” said Jimmy Fortuna, Vice President of Product Development and Chief Technology Officer, NCR Hospitality.
- The Debut of Apple Pay Creates a Dynamic New Platform for Powerful First Data Transaction Technology - “Apple Pay has transformed mobile payments in a way that our clients will love, and will have an impact on the industry like never before,” said Frank Bisignano, First Data’s Chairman and CEO. “We’re thrilled to bring First Data solutions to support Apple Pay, along with the financial institutions, merchants developing apps and consumers to provide an easy, safe and secure way to pay with a single touch.”
- TSYS Supports Apple Pay - “TSYS’ support of Apple Pay is a landmark opportunity for us and demonstrates our people-centered approach to payments for all parties in the payments ecosystem,” said M. Troy Woods, president and chief executive officer, TSYS. “Our number one priority is security for the banks and retailers we serve, so their customers can conduct their lives with confidence and convenience. Apple Pay will change the face of the mobile payments industry and our role in the digital marketplace.”
- The Home Depot Provides Update on Breach Investigation - “We apologize for the frustration and anxiety this causes our customers, and I want to thank them for their patience and support as we work through this issue,” said Frank Blake, chairman and CEO.
Updates from Glenbrook:
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com