Meet new colleagues from across the payments industry - at a Payments Boot Camp!
- Glenbrook's fall season of payments education kicks off in October with two sessions of our Payments Boot Camp - one in the San Francisco Bay Area on October 13-14 and the other in New York City on October 20-21. Glenbrook's Russ Jones is now leading this important payments education curriculum - he'd love to meet you at one of these sessions. Contact Russ directly if you have any questions.
On the Web
- Ecommerce in India: Snap, flip and crackle - Economist - "The rise of mobile-internet access has sparked interest in the potential of e-commerce in India. Bricks-and-mortar retailing is very fragmented. A trip to the mall can be an ordeal because of congested roads. In such difficult terrain, e-commerce may easily blossom."
- Credit and Debit Cards Lag on Upgrades - Bloomberg - "The card companies say they’ll likely need at least two more years for the transition from old-school magnetic stripes and that the Oct. 1 target wasn’t meant to be firm."
- New US credit cards are about to make tipping a lot more awkward - Quartz (Ian Kar) - "Under the new system, American chip card users will be presented with a handheld card reader at their table, asked to either sign or enter a four-digit code to verify their identity, and given tip options on-screen."
- Today, all stores in the US should accept chip-and-PIN cards. Yeah, right. - Ars Technica - "Although it seems laughably stupid to try to protect US credit card users from having to remember four digits (we do it already on debit cards, anyway), big retailers, bankers, POS developers, and everyone in between put lots of effort into making payments as frictionless as possible for shoppers."
On the Wires
- It's a very slow news day Friday! Nothing worth sharing!
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!