New on PaymentsJobs.com:
- Senior Business Development Executive - National Retailers (Emeryville, CA) - Marqeta - "Senior Account Executive plays a vital role in attracting new merchant partners to join the Marqeta network, primarily focused on large, strategically important and national merchants."
On the Web:
- PayPal CTO on payments, the ‘Uber experience,’ and paying with Fitbit (interview) - VentureBeat - "And so we actually work very closely with VISA, Mastercard, as well as banks, because at the end of the day, that’s what consumers want to pay with."
- Critical crypto bug in OpenSSL opens two-thirds of the Web to eavesdropping - Ars Technica - "The bug, which has resided in production versions of OpenSSL for more than two years, could make it possible for people to recover the private encryption key at the heart of the digital certificates used to authenticate Internet servers and to encrypt data..."
- Hackers Lurking in Vents and Soda Machines - New York Times - "Hackers in the recent Target payment card breach gained access to the retailer’s records through its heating and cooling system."
- Bitcoin Believers Say It’s Poised for Rebound Once Dust Settles - Wall St. Journal MoneyBeat - "Wedbush Securities Managing Director Gil Luria said he has seen “tremendous interest” from clients in bitcoin..."
- Americans Owed Less on Their Credit Cards in February - Wall St. Journal - "Americans shed more credit-card debt in February, the latest sign of consumer caution about borrowing and spending since the recession."
On the Wires:
- Powa Technologies Introduces PowaPOS, an End-to-End Platform that Redefines the Future of Mobile and Tablet-Based POS - "The PowaPOS platform features an industry-first and multiple patent pending all-in-one tablet-based POS system, along with the world’s smallest EMV-ready card acceptance device, universal tablet OS support, and an advanced Server and POS Software Developer Program."
- ISO 20022 Payment SEG Approves Standalone Remittance Messages Submitted by IFX Forum -"ISO 20022 is an international standard for financial services messaging, with a repository containing descriptions of messages and business processes."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Meet the Glenbrook Team on Thursday, April 17 in Menlo Park, CA - Click here to RSVP
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Data in Payments, April 22 in Mountain View, CA; Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews