On the Wires:
- American Express Launches New Plenti SM Cobrand Credit Card and Membership Rewards® Points Transfer Relationship - "Plenti is the first loyalty coalition involving major U.S. brands that lets consumers earn Plenti points at one place and use them for savings at another. Partners include many of the places where customers shop and spend every day, such as AT&T, Exxon, Macy’s, Mobil, Nationwide, Rite Aid, Direct Energy, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Hulu."
- Plenti℠ – First US Coalition Loyalty Program Available Now - "Plenti members can use any form of payment that the partner accepts at checkout – cash, credit, debit or prepaid. This means that if they have a card product with other rewards benefits, they’ll earn those rewards in addition to the points collected through Plenti."
- Visa Launches Online Toolkit to Educate Business Owners on Benefits of Chip Technology - “Chip technology will bring an important new layer of security for credit and debit cards by helping to make stolen account information useless to criminals,” said Stephanie Ericksen, vice president of Risk Products, Visa Inc. “It is a priority to increase merchant awareness and understanding, given a liability shift in October 2015, after which merchants who are not ready to accept chip cards may be responsible for counterfeit fraud.”
- Payment Security Task Force: Issuers Forecast U.S. Shift to Chip Cards To Be Nearly Complete by 2017 - "Eight financial institutions, representing approximately 50 percent of the total U.S. payment card volume, estimate that 63 percent of their credit and debit cards will contain EMV chips by the end of this year, expanding to 98 percent by the end of 2017. The forecast reaffirms the ongoing commitment to chip migration as a step toward increasing U.S. payment security across the ecosystem."
- MasterCard Business Network 2.0: For U.S. Business Owners, It’s About Time…And Money - “Business owners have a split second to switch from being the CTO to the CFO to the CMO of their companies. MasterCard Business Network 2.0 helps save time by putting c-suite level information at business owners’ fingertips, all just a click away,” said Jay Singer, senior vice president of U.S. Commercial Products, MasterCard. "We give business owners the information they need, at the moment they need it, helping their businesses grow. And we are now offering these tools at significant savings."
- FIS Reinvents Banking Access in India, One ‘e-Lobby’ at a Time - “Karnataka Bank’s mission is to serve our customers in a technologically savvy, high-quality manner,” said Sri. P. Jayarama Bhat, managing director & chief executive officer, Karnataka Bank. “Not only will FIS’ support allow us to better focus on our customers, it also will make us one of the first mid-sized banks in India to provide e-lobby access, extending more convenient access to our customers and allowing us to better compete with larger banks.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews